Complaint Review: SelectSpecs.com

• Submitted: Thu, April 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: Crawfish — st ives Internet
SelectSpecs.com
37 Station Road, Westgate on Sea, Kent, UK, CT8 8Q Internet United States of America

SelectSpecs.com Cancelled Order, Wouldn't Refund - So Sent Item Against My Wishes Once They Knew I Had Filed Dispute With Bank Internet

I made an order with SelectSpecs and cancelled within 5 minutes.  The only way to cancel is email.  They didn't reply for several days...and when they did it was to say they have put the order on hold and would let me know whats going on...they did a further few days later saying the order had been made but they will change the lenses free of charge.  I said I wanted a refund and a full one.  They said no and that they had no further comment on the matter.  I told them I had made a dispute with my bank who were sending me paperwork.  They stopped responding.

A week later, no responses...I had to sign for a parcel in the post.  It was the glasses I told them not to send...they deliberately did so when I told them not to.

Fortunately I had taken screenshots of my account that prove the order was put on hold.  So I think this only further adds to my case and confidence in getting my money back.

I am not sending the glasses back - they will have to get their own courier to pick them up, because I doubt I will get the postage money back for doing so.

I would avoid this company at all costs.  They are unethical and have terrible customer service.  They care only about money...and covering up the negative reviews - if you watch their online behaviour you will notice they frequently try and get negative reviews taken down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 04:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SelectSpecscom/internet/SelectSpecscom-Cancelled-Order-Wouldnt-Refund-So-Sent-Item-Against-My-Wishes-Once-Th-1044186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SelectSpecs.com