Complaint Review: Selectblinds.com

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Sal — Main Illinois
Selectblinds.com

Selectblinds.com No Returns Even on Defective Blinds Internet

Ordered a small, faux wood blind for a powder room window. Installation should've taken ten minutes. Instead my husband fiddled with it for over an hour. In the process, screws easily came loose and stripped, brackets bent and now we are stuck with a piece of crap!

The instructions and diagrams were so sparse that they were totally useless. Valance is supposed to easily clip on (we've had these types of blinds before) but these have ridiculous clips that even The Hulk couldn't snap into place.

The worst part? I called and they don't take returns. Gave some dumb excuse that if I had ordered a sample of the wood ahead of time, they would have guaranteed the blind was in working order. Are you kidding me? What does the color of the blind have to do with the installation and the working order of the blind?

You could tell the poor customer service rep didn't even agree with what he was having to tell me. He was stuttering and stumbling over his words because even he knew what he was saying to me was illogical.

Not only that, other reviewers have said that they did go through the idioict step of ordering the sample first and even then could not return their item.

Get this. They are sending me some magnets so I can "more easily attach the valance." That tells me that they get this complaint a lot yet are still selling defective products and sticking the customers with a bandaid approach to fixing it instead of being accountable. Shame on them and shame on me for putting my trust in them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Selectblindscom/internet/Selectblindscom-No-Returns-Even-on-Defective-Blinds-Internet-1043305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Selectblinds.com