Complaint Review: Selectrucks of Chicago

• Reported By: Big G — Manteca California United States of America
Selectrucks of Chicago
19521 NE Frontage Road Shorewood, Illinois United States of America

Selectrucks of Chicago Complete RipOff Shorewood, Illinois

My experience with the company standard has and continues to be questionable, at best.  To frame my initial purchase experience, during my negotiation with your sales representative I requested pictures of the rig.  It took more than eight days to receive the pictures.  Upon my commitment, I waited an additional week to arrange my flight to Chicago reason given - the truck was undergoing extensive service repairs to bring the truck into compliance with the CA BIT requirements.  When I arrived in Chicago, I was made to wait an additional 1.5 days to address newly discovered repair issues.  While the delay and lack of transparency did raise a red flag, I trusted the companys reputation.

The outcome of Select repairs made while in Chicago:
1.       The radiator was replaced.
2.       The bumper was replaced and painted
3.       The ABS sensor light was no longer lit
4.        The driver seat had a leak and would not hold air andnwas having a problem inflating.

When I arrived to California, I proceeded to have a BIT inspection, within 30 days of taking possession. After further examination, the ABS light was attributed to a failing brake system that resulted in a much larger repair issue.   In addition the air system on the drivers seat was not properly repaired.  With the exception of the radiator repair, every major repair issue that SelecTrucks claimed to rectify recurred in less than 60 days.  I believe that thedelays I recognized early in the purchasing process were attributed to the companys attempt to quickly remedy/mask, in a haphazard manner, critical safety repairs only to blame the issues on the cost of ownership.  SelecTrucks simply patched the repairs, allowing me enough grace to get from your lot, thankfully to California.  I think we can agree, it is irrefutable that functional brakes and driver seat hydraulics are DOT mandatory and not patch-worthy.

On Saturday, July 7, I went to Freightliner to pick up my truck after ongoing repairs.  At that time, I was informed of a June 11th conversation you had with the French Camp Freightliner Service Department, refusing to pay for the all charges related to the brake and seat repair.  As a result, Freightliner is not releasing my truck due to your non-payment, which is impacting my ability to earn as a Comtrak Driver. As your customer, did you not think it necessary to relay your decision to not pay to me directly?

To date, I have lost at least a week of pay addressing ongoing issues, while my truck resides in the repair shop.  SelecTruck expenses recognized to date are simply the cost of business, as a seller.  My commitment remains, in excess of $80,000 for the duration.  Please dont attempt to placate me with references to downstream maintenance and repair.  These are the same issues that existed in May 2012, prior to me taking possession that have resurfaced, due to lack of proper and ethically handling from the onset.

At this juncture, I am relying on the reputation of SelecTruck and the aforementioned company standard.  I would assume that to be your public disclaimer noted on your website:

SelecTruckspart of Daimler Trucks North Americais backed by a legendary name and a respected reputation.   Each quality used truck we sellfrom medium to heavy dutymust pass a rigorous inspection and reconditioning process.  And most important, we strive to earn each customer's business with honest relationships built on trust and service.

The remaining balance owed is $2,382.25. Please advise when payment will be received.  As stated in your earlier email, your goal is to keep me on the road and making money as a valued Comtrak driver.  Regretfully, that wont happen until SelecTruck pays the bill, in full.

Don't purchase any  trucks from Selectrucks without getting your own inspection completed from an trusted independent and reputable shop. Don't trust any promises they make or any information they claim to know about the condition of the truck or there commitment to you after your purchase.

If they do take any responsibility for any problems that may accure on there end the will make you wait long enough, that you are the only one loses money. Guy has backed out on repairs that his shop made before I purchased the truck, and less than 4 days later having to haggle every step of the way and even getting the company that I leased with to pressure them into action.

I even asked them about the person that reported on them previously on this same website and they explained it away and eventually ended up treating exactly the same way as the first article stated.  BUYER BEWARE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Selectrucks-of-Chicago/Shorewood-Illinois-60404/Selectrucks-of-Chicago-Complete-RipOff-Shorewood-Illinois-909409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Selectrucks of Chicago