Complaint Review: Selectyourgifts.com Mountain Area Communications

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By: Jamesjc85 — Kelso Washington USA
Selectyourgifts.com Mountain Area Communications
po box 738 Sneedville, Tennessee United States of America

Selectyourgifts.com Mountain Area Communications Mountain Area Communications MOUNTAIN AREA COMMUNICATIONS Scam artists at work!!! Sneedville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: MOUNTAIN AREA COMMUNICATIONS P.O. BOX 738 SNEEDVILLE,TN 37869

My husband and I were looking at our bank statements one day and found a charge we didnt authorize. So we went to the bank and they said it was from a company called, Mountain Area Communications. Somehow they got our information off the internet, because a few days later they called about winning a gift certificate.

a woman called my husband on his cellphone telling him he had won a 1000 dollar gift card. my husband being the type that thinks, nothing is free, asked what the catch was, thats when she told him he has to buy a subscription of mag. paying 39.90 a month for 19 months. ss soon as she said that he said he wasnt interested and hung up. (come on really? I am just paying for the gift card.)

The next month they actually billed us for the magazines, our bank rep helped us look Mountain Area Communications, and we found their name on a huge list of Fraud and scam sites and gave us a few numbers so we can try to contact them to clear it up with them. Needless to say all the numbers that was on here were "busy" or dissconnected. go figure.

The next day we went back to our bank and told our rep. She then gave us a number to get our money back and to block the account all together. Get this a month after this ordeal they called my husband again, telling him we owe them 81.80 for the mag. he said he didnt authorize the account and that he wasnt going to pay them and to take his name off their information, (note he even talked to their "supervisior") They said they had a recording of "him" telling them his name, address, and credit card info. (now tell me this, how in the world did he call them, when they already had our info BEFORE they called him?)

Also if we wanted to "cancel" our subscription we would have to pay 758.10 and if we didnt pay they would take us to court. He asked to hear the recording and they played it for him, he said it sounded like a man giving the info. My husband called me afterwards asking me what we should do.

A week later after they called him, they sent us a bill. Guess where the check goes, to a PO Box number. Thats the ONLY address on their. No company works out of a po box number with out their Companies address on their. Also they left 2 phone numbers. A questions and a paying over the phone. I havent tested them out yet, because honestly I would like a copy of this "recording"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2009 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Selectyourgiftscom-Mountain-Area-Communications/Sneedville-Tennessee-37869/Selectyourgiftscom-Mountain-Area-Communications-Mountain-Area-Communications-MOUNTAIN-ARE-487357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Selectyourgifts.com Mountain Area Communications

MOUNTAIN AREA COMMUNICATIONS P.O. BOX 738 SNEEDVILLE,TN 37869

AUTHOR: jm - (USA)

this company really sucks!!! i already close my bank account because of this company! they keep on bugging me to pay them 49.90 every month and now i owe them 102. they said i cant cancel it. unless ill pay them 956. It started on 0ctober 17 2009, At first i am so happy but when i tried to open their site, i was shocked! and told my self " im so damn stupid" to believe this junk company. They keep on sending me different kinds of magazines and i am not reading them. Ripoff!!!! I dont know what kind of people are you! Stop ! and leave us alone!