separated

Complaint Review: Sell & Sell, Inc. Allstate Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, February 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 22, 2010

• Reported By: Barbra — Virginia Beach Virginia U.S.A.
Sell & Sell, Inc. Allstate Insurance
3936 Virginia Beach Blvd Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America
  • Phone: (757) 631-1818
  • Web:
  • Category:

Sell & Sell, Inc. Allstate Insurance Carl Sell Jr. Watch out for this agent! Virginia Beach, Virginia

This incident happened a couple of months ago, I should have posted here as opposed to going through the BBB because the BBB has no interest in this sort of thing it seems.

My agent, Carl Sell Jr. has had my car insurance business for the last 10 years without question. A couple of years ago I requested INFORMATION only on a renter's policy. I did not receive any information, I received a bill for a policy that he had written without even speaking to me. Since it looks exactly like my car policy I nearly paid it until I noticed that the amount was all wrong. I called his secretary to see what was up, and she cancelled the policy and mentioned that he had doe this sort of thing before and that it really made people angry.

So I let it go. My mistake. This past December, just a day or two before Christmas, I receive a bill from Carl Sell Jr. at Allstate Insurance. I assume it is my car policy and start to make payment. Oops, the amount is all wrong. What is this? He has written another Renter's Policy and just sent me a bill? I didn't even ask for info this time, just a bill out of the blue with a policy number and everything. Keep in mind that I have never even discussed such a policy with him and he has no idea what my coverage needs might be.

I believe I got the bill when I did because he thought it would just slip on through at the holidays and I might not notice this time, but I can't prove that. I do know that when I spoke to them about the policy he blamed his staff, who are not authorized to write policies, and they blamed him in return.

I immediately cancelled my car insurance policy and I no longer will do any business with this company. When I complained to Allstate directly they hooked me up with could have only been a "Retention Specialist", because all she did was pressure me to stay with them, she didn't even acknowledge that I had a good reason for being upset.

The BBB has been completely useless, they don't even show my complaint on their website, even though until I complained they didn't even have this agent in their system, the information they show on their website is there because of my complaint, yet the complaint history shows nothing and repeated contact with them does not clear up the matter.

So everybody watch out, keep an eye on your bills if you use this guy, he might slip something in when you aren't looking. And don't bother with the BBB, they're pretty worthless it seems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sell-Sell-Inc-Allstate-Insurance/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/Sell-Sell-Inc-Allstate-Insurance-Carl-Sell-Jr-Watch-out-for-this-agent-Virginia-Beac-573439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sell & Sell, Inc. Allstate Insurance