Complaint Review: Sell Us A Car - DriveTime

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 11, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Sell Us A Car - DriveTime
1515 E Bell Road Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Sell Us A Car - DriveTime DriveTime owns Sell Us A Car and lies about it on their website Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Retraction Statement

*Consumer Suggestion: Interesting point

*UPDATE Employee: "Tosha bitter about DriveTime because she works for a different used car lot"

*Consumer Suggestion: Website is registered to:

DriveTime Auto Sales... Ughhh. They probably have over 100 ripoff reports against them because they are one of the worst companies to do business with. They take advantage of customers in need of financial acceptance. Their newest scheme... They have opened a company called "Sell Us A Car" conveniently located in the previously unused building next to the dealership on Bell Road and 16th Street in Phoenix. Doesn't sound so bad or sneaky right? Well check out the website for Sell Us A Car. On the about us page towards the bottom reads the following:

Verbatim-
"The fact that we don't sell cars to the public changes everything; we sell them in bulk at wholesale auctions and to dealerships nationwide. It makes our job extremely simple: to find the fair market value of your car and offer it to you."

So they are claiming to have no affliation with DriveTime or any other dealership. Very strange considering that I used to work at that very location, and the building this new business is occupying is on the same property, same parking lot and same building as DriveTime....

These people go to great lengths to find ways to rip people off. Don't go to DriveTime!

Trisha
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sell-Us-A-Car-DriveTime/Phoenix-Arizona-85022/Sell-Us-A-Car-DriveTime-DriveTime-owns-Sell-Us-A-Car-and-lies-about-it-on-their-website-310275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sell Us A Car - DriveTime

Retraction Statement

AUTHOR: Tasha - (U.S.A.)

I wish to retract the statements I posted regarding Sell Us A Car and DriveTime.

I confirm that I have requested that Rip-Off Report.Com remove my posting. According to their policy, they do not remove any reports at all. Because Ripoff Report.com will not remove a report, even at the authors request, I believe this is the first step to amend my original statement.

For anyone reading who may be a potential customer, please disregard my original statement.

I did not realize the potential outcome of my original statement, and would like to apologize.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Interesting point

AUTHOR: Fat Old Sweaty Elvis - (U.S.A.)

Well said, Kent.

I hate car dealers and I hate loan sharks too. This means I doubly hate Drivetime. But if your information is accurate then I have to say that Drivetime is probably 10 times better than most of the slimy car dealers out there.

The real problem here is that people refuse to live within their means and modify their lifestyles to fit their budgets. People just don't get it that cars are luxuries. YES EVEN HERE IN LA! If you can't afford to pay cash for the car you want to need to get yourself a bus pass and start a savings account. The existence of credit-dealerships like Drivetime is really proof of how STUPID people are.

"Tosha bitter about DriveTime because she works for a different used car lot"

AUTHOR: Kent - (U.S.A.)

First you start off the report as "Tosha" and then sign "Trisha", don't you know your own name???
This lady says she used to work for this company well now is attempting to slander DriveTime in order to make her new place of business look better in comparison.
I will not name (even though I know where she works).
Compare DriveTime with ANY used car dealer and you'll find there is NO COMPARISON.
We offer a 6 month 6,000 mile warranty on ALL vehicles
*Engine
*Drive Axle
*Trans Axle
*A/C
are covered
We are nationwide over 100 locations, sell 60,000 vehicles a year.
We help people rebuild their credit with affordable down payments and quality pre-owned vehicles which are all 6 years and newer and have less than 90k miles.
We guarantee our vehicles history with a history report on all vehicles at no extra charge.
We have customers coming in everyday who have been to other dealerships who hate the games they play with the "Oh let me check with my manager, let me see if I can do that, let me see if he'll do this, bull crap!"
We do not haggle, our prices are set, and we offer a friendly NO pressure atmosphere. Call us for yourself and see or visit a location.
Yes we have complaints, just like any company will.
The difference is that we address ALL of them (that are legitimate) and we do whatever it takes to help our customers when others won't!

Kent
DriveTime Bell Road

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Website is registered to:

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Registrant:
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SELLUSACAR.COM

6028526678

Technical Contact:
Racki, Michael
6028526678 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM