Complaint Review: SellandRecycle.com

• Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: kdishman — Ripon California
SellandRecycle.com
301 Executive Park Blvd Internet United States of America

SellandRecycle.com sellandrecycle Quoted $84 for my phone, then lowballed me with a $9 offer. They stole my phone. Internet

I was quoted $84 for my BB Torch 9800 that was in good condition and worked perfectly from the day that I bought it new until the day that I sent it to sellandrecycle. I received an email today that claimed that the phone wasn't in the condition that it was when I put it in the mail and they subtracted $75 from my offer. I was also given the option to pay more money out of pocket to get my phone back. Bottom line, sellandrecycle more-or-less stole my phone. Here's the email I received with false claims of my phone not functioning properly:

"Hello Kevin,

We have completed the value assessment of your items and determined that the speci?ed condition of some items do not match the original quote.

The Torch 9800 was stated in GOOD condition, we have found this item to be in FAIR condition.

Details of phone condition: This item has lost its value mostly due to the fact that sometimes the digitizer, and the touch pad do not function. In addition, there are deep scratches on the top left, and right corners of the front face.

Therefore the new market value of your item is: $9.00"

Here is the email I sent in response via their customer service page:

"Very disappointed with your crooked business tactics. I just received an email claiming that the phone that I sent in arrived in worse shape than I had sent it off in. The digitizer and touch screen worked 100% of the time up until I sent the phone in but he email I received claimed otherwise. I was then offered a ridiculous lowball offer of nine dollars, a far cry from the original eighty-four dollar quote. I wouldn't be surprised to see the phone listed by you on ebay tomorrow for $150 in "good" condition instead of the "fair" that you described it as in the email. I accepted the measly nine dollar offer because I'm not about to be extorted out of more cash to get my phone back. I now consider it stolen by your company. Reports will be filed with the BBB, ripoff report, etc. I will also go to great measures to warn potential trusting customers of yours to stay away."

DO NOT use this company. Learn the lesson I learned and sell your own phone on eBay. After all, that's where your phone will end up anyways once sellandrecycle gets a hold of it. This company is crooked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SellandRecyclecom/internet/SellandRecyclecom-sellandrecycle-Quoted-84-for-my-phone-then-lowballed-me-with-a-9-off-1036552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SellandRecycle.com