Complaint Review: Sellmycar.com

• Submitted: Mon, February 21, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: jennifer — Adelano California United States of America
Sellmycar.com
3521 winter park dr, sacramento,california 95834 3682 maybreeze rd, Georgia United States of America

Sellmycar.com Ebaymotors, I was scamed, by ebay motors and sellmycars.com 3682 maybreeze rd, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Why would you western union money to anyone?

I was scamed, by sellmycars.com. I was looking at at car on their website and I was interested in 2002 nissian altima. So I sent a email to this person Rita jones and she she got back to me by email and told me that the car was in perfect and condition and it was never in accident and etc. Rita Jones, told me to send 2100.00 and the car would be ship to me, and she stated that to protect are identity she wanted to me to go through ebay motors, and follow the directions. I then followed the direction, the directions told me to send the money through western union. So i did that. The person Rita Jones and her email is [email protected], told me that the money was confirm and the car was going to be sent today. I sent the money to the name she had stated with was Brett Dunton in Marlette, GA. While I was scamed by these people and I am taking these people to court, so if anyone is reading this people dont get scamed by these people.  I pray they get caught, because I have every info that rita.jones talk to me about also the address to where I sent the money..I hope I get justice and dont get scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2011 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sellmycarcom/3682-maybreeze-rd-Georgia-30066/Sellmycarcom-Ebaymotors-I-was-scamed-by-ebay-motors-and-sellmycarscom-3682-maybreeze-698269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sellmycar.com

Why would you western union money to anyone?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

Yes, you were scammed, but it is your own fault.

Why would you send a stranger money via western union for a car (or for anything) that you did not see, touch, feel or test drive? You set yourself up for this loss. Next time research the source of information, go see the vehicle and don't give funds without checking out the whole story.

There are a ton of red flags: the website is brand new (2011), and not well made; her email address is a hotmail address; she asked you to use "ebay motors" when the site has nothing to do with ebay (big red flag) and lastly, she asked you to send money in an untraceable wire to an unknown person at an unknown location! Huge red flag.

If you have too much money and it is burning a hole in your pocket, find another place to spend it rather than sending it to some stranger that makes a living duping people out of their funds. Send it to a charity.

I don't like scammers, but the reason they get away with this stuff is because some consumers are not thinking at all.   You lost your money. Hopefully others are not so gullible. File a police report, but I think you will never see a dime of the funds. Learn from this mistake. Don't be so eager to throw your money away next time.