Complaint Review: Sellsmc - Sellcorp

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By:Hamlin New York
Sellsmc - Sellcorp
1624 E. Wisconsin Ave. Appleton, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Sellsmc - Sellcorp ripoff Appleton Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: sellsmc

*Author of original report: Sellsmc, Sellcorp-Problem resolved

In 2002 I join the distributor SMC after seeing one of the infomercials on TV. I paid a membership/training fee, and continued to pay a yearly membership fee. For that sum, I recieved marketing materials, and training.

I then thought that the way to go for me would be an online store featuring SMC merchandise. I started to look for web site builders who would build a site at a reasonable price, as I thought SMC was too expensive for a full product site. I found Sellsmc.com and contacted them on a site that was "ready to go" called Bria Gifts.

I told the owner of the website I wanted to purchase Bria Gifts, which I did. For two years I owned, marketed Bria Gifts on my own. AND I actually thought I owned the site. However, in February 2005, Sellsmc was sued and eventully lost a 5.5 million dollar law suit to SMC, after which they were ordered to cease hosting and making websites regarding SMC, and it's members. I wrote to Sellsmc, and ordered them to stop taking hosting fees out, as they continued to do so even after the judgement against them.

They immediately, without hesitation denied me access to my website even tho they had taken a full month's hosting fee amounting to $29.95. I no longer have access to my site, and apparently I no longer have my website, even tho I legally own it. They have complete control, and have refused to give me my site back..even for resale. I am now out the cost of my website, the 2 years worth of hosting, plus one month I didn't even have access to, and all the time I spent promoting my site.

Carol
Hamlin, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2005 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sellsmc-Sellcorp/Appleton-Wisconsin/Sellsmc-Sellcorp-ripoff-Appleton-Wisconsin-154143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sellsmc - Sellcorp

sellsmc

AUTHOR: jeff - (United States of America)

im glad to hear your problem has been solved i two fell prey to them (sellsmc) with no satisfaction as to date

Sellsmc, Sellcorp-Problem resolved

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

I just want to bring this report up to date. As of today, this problem has been mutually resolved between myself and the website maker. I also want to publically apologize to him and thank him for almost bending over backwards to help bring this issue to a close.