Complaint Review: Semper Fi - CHP

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: Victim — Los Angeles California United States of America
Semper Fi - CHP
22400 the Old Road, Newhall, California 91321 Santa Clarita, California United States of America

Semper Fi - CHP Scam with Towing Charges, Stalling, No Trust Worthy, Fishy Scam with CHP Newhall Santa Clarita, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is A Bogus Claim By A Disgruntled Drunk

My truck was towed by Semper Fi, requested by the CHP officer that pull me over. After I was pull over I recived threats from this officer. CHP requested the key of my truck as well to make things easier for the towing company. Semper Fi immediately file a lien against my truck. At the end of the time and close to the lien, I went ahead and requested more time while gather the money to pay the stiff charges to Semper Fi'. After the owner of Semper Fi (Ben Cross) a total anal, screening his call all the time under false name's, agree to the extension, broke his words, ignoring his agreement with me. Just to find out in the end that he wanted to get away with my truck. Call the CHP at the Newhall, CA division. But they play the game of giving me the run around. CHP use them as their side kick pal. Calling them all the time to make a profit with all the vehicle's taking by Semper Fi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Semper-Fi-CHP/Santa-Clarita-California-91321/Semper-Fi-CHP-Scam-with-Towing-Charges-Stalling-No-Trust-Worthy-Fishy-Scam-with-CHP-835690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Semper Fi - CHP

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is A Bogus Claim By A Disgruntled Drunk

AUTHOR: ZAHale - ()

I used to work for Ben at Semper Fi Tow.  One thing he was big on was doing everything by the book.  Not only that, but he followed the state regulations to the letter.  I also feel it is important to point out that CHP did not engage in any "side business" with the tow companies in their area.

I don't know who this goofball thinks he is, but if a lien was filed on the vehicle in question, then he let it run past the 30 day hold that it was placed on and never paid any of the fees to get it out.  If I remember right, the storage rate was 45 dollars a day, plus the cost of the tow, which was around 150$ when I worked there in 2007.  Prices changed over time, but it was nothing that dramatic.

Do not pay attention to this report as it contains nothing but false claims and misrepresents both Semper Fi Tow and the California Highway Patrol.  This joker is attempting to tarnish the good name and reputations of these men and women, and it isn't fair of him to do so.  When I came across this report, I was outraged because I know what does and doesn't happen, and I also didn't appreciate the assault on my former boss, L. Benjamin Cross.  He is not only a good man, but he is fair.  I smell a disgruntled drunk from across the border who doesn't like Marines, or the CHP.