Complaint Review: Senior Care Centers Of America

• Submitted: Fri, December 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By:glen Burnie Maryland
Senior Care Centers Of America
7 Neshaminy Interplex Suite 403 Trevose, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Senior Care Centers Of America ripoff takes over small operations sells out and leaves a trail of unpaid bills Trevose Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Horrible place to work for, and an even worse place to put your loved ones

*UPDATE Employee: False report filed by ex-employee

*Consumer Comment: Who You Do Business With

Senior Care Centers of America operates 20 centers in the North. 3 years ago, they took over a viable Maryland Adult Medical Daycare Operation and claimed that they couldn't make a profit. They sold out and left a trail of unpaid debt to various Baltimore area companies that helped them to remain in operation.

As an added insult. One of the companies is attempting to pursue the staff for the unpaid debt.

This company is headed up by two very savvy financial geniuses who know how to make these companies look appealing to the thousands of elderly people who they claim to service. The real deal is that by not paying for services rendered by other companies and bailing out in the end. They are the only one who do profit!

They do a disservice to Senior citizen, families,vendors and dedicated staff!

Marcel
glen Burnie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2006 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Senior-Care-Centers-Of-America/Trevose-Pennsylvania-19053/Senior-Care-Centers-Of-America-ripoff-takes-over-small-operations-sells-out-and-leaves-a-t-226868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Senior Care Centers Of America

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Horrible place to work for, and an even worse place to put your loved ones

AUTHOR: Ex Employee - (United States of America)

The COO of this company is a sociopath, and the CFO flip-flops in his actions depending on whatever the COO tells him to do.

Apparently, they don't take a liking to people forming working relationships with their co-workers.  I quickly learned I was hired because my conservative appearance and expensive suit made me look stuffy.  When they discovered that I was actually going to be friendly with my co-workers, then they picked apart everything I did.  During my last month of employment there, I followed their direction in a very detailed manner and made a decision to leave if they still found problems.  Well, they did, and I ended up staying only about half a year.

They treated the entire staff like children, making surprise trips back to the cubicles to see what everyone was up to and not informing the staff when they were out or coming back to the office to keep them on their toes.

Noted some questionable accounting practices while I worked there including a personal loan to the CFO appeared to be "buried" in an improper account on the balance sheet.

When I was taken to look at a few of the centers, it really broke my heart.  Spaces in strip malls that had absolutely no atmosphere or aesthetics put into it.  This is an industry whose profits are limited by serving people with limited incomes.  This company was profitable by leaps and bounds, and that's because they put no money into it.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Horrible place to work for, and an even worse place to put your loved ones

AUTHOR: Ex Employee - (United States of America)

The COO of this company is a sociopath, and the CFO flip-flops in his actions depending on what the COO tells him to do.

False report filed by ex-employee

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

The report filed by Marcel is false and untrue. Marcel was a former employee of Senior Care and her complaint is regarding the rental of a car which was not authorized by the Company. She used a personal credit card to rent a care without Company approval and is disgruntled because we would not reimburse her (we are still unsure what she used the car for).

We take great pride in the high level of care which we provide to our families and members. We did sell the one center in Maryland to a high quality provider as it was our only center in the area. We did not leave a trail of unpaid debt and I, as CFO and part owner take great offense to her false report and resent her remarks.

Who You Do Business With

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

It pays to know who you are doing business with. Have known a couple of jewelers who have "gone out of business" three or four times. Each time, they have "closed", they have owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to employees, vendors and customers. It's just a way of life with them. One guy does it about every five years, yet the vendors continue to sell to him on credit and continue to get burned. If you look into their past, they've probably done it before and will probably do it again. The "smart" vendors get a personal guarantee v. a corporate guarantee. If they won't sign one, I wouldn't do business with them. They usually pay the personal guarantees, they don't want to lose their house or vehicles or possesions.