Complaint Review: Sentinel Field Services

• Submitted: Mon, March 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By:Garden City Idaho
Sentinel Field Services
1133 N. Main Street Layton, Utah U.S.A.

Sentinel Field Services Brian Huggard at Sentiel Field Services will rip you off!! Layton Utah

*Consumer Comment: I have felt the burn

*UPDATE Employee: Good to us

*UPDATE Employee: We have subcontracted for Sentinel also...

*Author of original report: ripoff rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: I second that!

*UPDATE Employee: Job.

We contracted with Sentinel Field Services December of 2008 after they solicited us for the work. From December 2008 to the first week in February 2009 we completed over 200 work orders for lock changes, winterizations, trashouts, etc. The settlement checks (2) were never right, always short, always because of pictures not recieved or not at the right angle or something. Always something. Finally in February, after being "docked" exactly $1000, I notified the owner Brian Huggard all work would stop until the shortages were corrected. He responded by hiring another contractor and refusing to pay our outstanding invoices. To date we have filed workmans liens on the properties he refused to pay.

Allen
Garden City, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2009 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sentinel-Field-Services/Layton-Utah-84041/Sentinel-Field-Services-Brian-Huggard-at-Sentiel-Field-Services-will-rip-you-off-Layton-429797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sentinel Field Services

I have felt the burn

AUTHOR: sueweet - ()

when sentinel took over HUD contract  the dropped prices drastically for everything.  then they want to fight you tooth and nail on everything you do/did and drag your heels on paying you.  I also do subcontracting for another company that has sintenial in IOWA and they refuse to pay.  I know many of contractors they owed 2000 to 10000 now they are trying to place liens on properties to get their money.  we have found a source to be able to write down all the jobs we have done and be submitted to hud and hopefully someone else can get this back and we can have one of the betters companies back.  its not just in IOWA its in other states they owe people.  this starts back several yrs.

Good to us

AUTHOR: report lover - ()

Sentinel has been nothing but fair and upstanding (to us as a subcontractor) with their word.  I second the comment of "If you do what you are asked to do within the work order there would be no reason for them to short pay you.  This whole type of business is because of people not doing what they have usually signed their name to and given their word.  You need to step up to the plate and read AND complete what the work order ask for!  We wish most companies were so good.

We have subcontracted for Sentinel also...

AUTHOR: gumesonteam - (United States of America)

We have completed hundreds of work orders for Sentinel Field Services and have always been treated fairly. Yes...we have had a few work orders that were not paid in full but after review it's always something my subs did not submit (such as missing photos...) or we did not have authorization to complete the work.

Sentinel has always treated us fairly and do NOT believe they are rip-offs. I also think if you completed the work orders the proper way you would have NOT been shorted $$. Maybe you should review their vendor manual and stop with the they are wrong attitude. I truly dont believe you are the victim.

ripoff rebuttal

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

You are just now responding to a complaint 3 years or more old?  You guys are right on top of things!!

I stand by my statements; you are a rip off company!! pure and simple.  You did not dock us pay you just didn't pay any of it.  You can say a white horse is brown, but that don't make it so!!

I second that!

AUTHOR: REOadvocate - (United States of America)

That is so true! if they did the job right the first time - they will get paid and not bitching so much about $$.  You leap what you sow!

Job.

AUTHOR: Barbara Jean - (U.S.A.)

Well perhaps if you did your job correctly you would have been payed the correct amount. There are so many vendors/contractors out there that are ridiculously stupid and cannot do anything correct. You would think after us docking you money you would get the big picture, hey I am doing this wrong I should probably fix it. Maybe if you would have done things right in the first place you would not be in this predicament.

Pictures are everything, if we do not have the right photos our clients dock us. But should we be the only ones to loose money? Nope we should not; vendors are the soul reason that we loose money, because they cannot do anything right.

Sentinel is an honest company, and with the right team we perform outstandingly.