Complaint Review: Sentry Recovery

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Ashley.Ramirez — Midvale Utah
Sentry Recovery
3080 S. Durango Suite 203 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Sentry Recovery Mr. Cruz They are dishonest and deceitful when it comes to payment agreements. Las Vegas, Nevada

Mr. Cruz has been dishonest from the start. He called me in January of 2013 for a debt i owed to some apartments that I left before the lease was over. I understood that it was my responsibility to pay it off and I was okay with that. When we first spoke he said that he did NOT have anything to do with any collections agency. He said he was working directly with the apartments. We came to an agreement that i would pay him $300.00 then and do payments of $125.00 every month before the 25th. He stated that as far as i made those payments the debt would not show up on my credit report, and I was okay with that.
A month after that agreement and two payments later i went to buy myself a new car. When they ran my credit the Senrty collections came up, which was odd because Mr. Cruz promised and gave me his word that as long as i made those payments the debt would not show on my credit report. He Lied! Soon after leaving the dealership i gave Mr. Cruz a call to find out what happened with the agreement we set up. He said he forgot and that it was too late that its now there and that there is nothing more he can do. He talked to me like a child. After him lying to me I had my husband call him because he was there when Mr. Cruz called the first time and heard the whole conversation on speaker phone. Mr. Cruz started mumbling every other word knowing that he had been caught in a lie.
After realizing that we(husband and i) just got scammed we decided to learn from our mistake and continue to make the payments to get this past us as fast as possible and deal with the lying Mr. Cruz as least as possible. The only problem now is that we are getting ready to move into a new apartment but they will not let us move in yet until we have some sort of payment agreement from the Senrtry Recovery collections agency. We had to call cruz back to get the written agreement from him. He refused to give us any statement of payment saying that in order for him to give us that we would have to be 3/4 of the way done with payments. We asked fo rreceits and he refused to give us that too. His way of doing business has been extremely unprofessional and dishonest.
In conclussion, be aware when dealing with this company. Record every conversation for your records. They like to change their story around every time. Also, I do not now how Mr. Cruz's parents raised him but if he gives you his word on anything do not believe him. Get any statement in writing. He does'nt seem to know that a mans' word is like gold. Too bad his is more like dirt. If anyone wants to file a class action suit against this company notify me through email. we already have started the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sentry-Recovery/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Sentry-Recovery-Mr-Cruz-They-are-dishonest-and-deceitful-when-it-comes-to-payment-agreem-1040266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sentry Recovery