Complaint Review: Sentry & recovery collections

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Las vegas Nevada United States of America
Sentry & recovery collections
3080 s Durango dr Internet United States of America

Sentry & recovery collections Allied collections manager mr Allen and Julia alvorado. Sentry & recovery are scam artists. Need help I am being sued for apartment damages that are not true. They harass you and try to bully you. Most unprofessional collection agency I've ever seen! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Striking Back Against Sentry Fraudulent Reports...

I lived in an apt and my daughter was attacked by a pitbull which weren't supposed to be allowed in complex. Dogs still there and management didn't do anything about it so I moved. Stayed in contact with the manager several times throughout the next month asking about my deposit. About 34 days later I finally got the manager on the phone telling me they kept my deposit and wrote off my debt for repairs. 2 hrs later a collection co calls demanding I pay almost $1000.00 I told them I wanted a bill in writing sent to me.

I received nothing from either party the apt and the collections. I went in person a few days later to apt asking for receipts and proof of breakdown. They refused and printed out my history an showed late rent fees when I told her I had receipts proving I paid on time and $555 clean carpet and such. She told me my file was given to collections 10 days after I moved out so she can't provide a copy of my walkthrough proving I didn't owe and to deal with the collections. I then certified a letter to apt demanding my deposit and they refused it. I also received an eviction notice a month after I moved which thankfully wasn't filed with a constable since it was bogus!

Meanwhile collection agency has a lawsuit against me which was the first thing I received from them and I answered the summons the best I could and now have a motion for discovery.

They refuse to reason even with my proof and threatened I'm goin to be garnished. What do I do? I have no money for a lawyer I'm a single mom making $13 an hr. I have 2 different sets of breakdowns from their lawyers that don't match.

Can I sue the apartments for not sending me anything and for my kid being attacked? Can i still counter sue sentry & recovery as well? Please any help would be appreciated or guidance. My name is Stefanie (((ROR redacted))). I do not owe them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sentry-recovery-collections/internet/Sentry-recovery-collections-Allied-collections-manager-mr-Allen-and-Julia-alvorado-Sent-1011607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sentry & recovery collections

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Striking Back Against Sentry Fraudulent Reports...

AUTHOR: Asia - ()

Sentry and partner agencies have done the same scenario to countless people. Please contact me; there is a way you can possibly recoup your money and remove derogatory account from credit report (((ROR redacted)))