Complaint Review: SentryLink LLC

• Reported By: Dan — Minneapolis Minnesota
SentryLink LLC

SentryLink LLC Report caused more harm than no report at all, Internet

*General Comment: Unreasonable Report

These guys charged me for conducting a background check on a new hire of ours.  I provided them with the name, DOB and SSN that was given to us by our new hire.  SenturyLink came back to us with a report that the individual had no criminal history.  Based partially on the favorable report, my company ended up hiring this individual.

As it turns out, the person that we hired had two felony convictions for theft by swindle.  This new hire had provided us with a fake DOB and SSN that did not even exist.  SenturyLink did not inform us of this most basic information even though it is available without any charge whatsoever by simply running the information through the free BCA site.  Ultimately, this new hire of ours ended up swindling my company as well for several thousands of dollars.

I contacted customer service at SenturyLink by phone on 4/16/13.  The person that I spoke to told me to go to a website link and go through a lengthy process to request a refund for what they charged me, but then she added that I would automatically be denied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SentryLink-LLC/internet/SentryLink-LLC-Report-caused-more-harm-than-no-report-at-all-Internet-1043726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SentryLink LLC

#1 General Comment

Unreasonable Report

AUTHOR: Pat Wood - ()

This is only my opinion, but I can't see how anyone can fault a company for giving information or lack of information based on the information YOU input into their system based on a false identity. i would think that the company requesting the background check would ask for sufficient legal, state and/or government identification, social security card AND references that can be physically confirmed (especially when concerning a position dealing with thousands of dollars).

It seems as though you are attempting to blame this company for your failure to collect the proper identification to begin with. in my opinion, this is a bad report and should have been removed. I personally would think twice about doing business with YOU if you don't take proper precautions when screening potential employees. The fact that you were doing a background check shows effort, but you completely skipped the first, and most important step.