Complaint Review: Serta Mattress Co

• Submitted: Tue, October 25, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 25, 2011

• Reported By: Seth — San Luis Obispo County California United States of America
Serta Mattress Co
3 Golf Course Center, #392 Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

Serta Mattress Co Serta, National Bedding Co., Serta International Failed to honor warranty on bummer mattress set Hoffman Estates, Illinois

After some internet research, I find that I am not all alone in being "stiffed" by the customer service department at Serta International.

My story is that I bought a spendy Serta Valentina Cal King Mattress set 2.5 years ago. I based my purchase decision, in part, on Serta's name recognition, and in part on the sale associate who assured me that it's okay to spend $1300 on this mattress set because the company warrants it to be good for 10 years.

My isn't.

It has become lumpy and uncomfortable after 2.5 years. Neither the wife nor I get a reasonable night's sleep on this bed anymore.

I called Serta's warranty department, hired their "mattress inspector" to examine the bed, and requested a replacement.

Serta declined my request, stating that the mattress is not defective, based on their inspector's analysis.

I disagree -- of course it is defective if we can't sleep on it!!!

Serta has a strict criteria they test for (body indentations greater than 1.5"). If the mattress does not have that condition, they presume the mattress is okay. My mattress does not have that condition, but clearly it is not okay.

In my experience, the Serta 10-year warranty is nothing but a sales gimmick. I have been unable to locate anyone online who has successfully warrantied a Serta mattress. I have found many -- like me -- who are spitting mad that they bought a worthless warranty on a dubious product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Serta-Mattress-Co/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60169/Serta-Mattress-Co-Serta-National-Bedding-Co-Serta-International-Failed-to-honor-warrant-792171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Serta Mattress Co