Complaint Review: Serve.com

• Updated: Tue, October 04, 2011

• Reported By: seeker — Pensacola Florida United States of America
Serve.com
200 Vesey St New York, New York 10285. Internet United States of America

Serve.com Part of American Express, and it's affiliates. Promised money, if directions were folllowed in on line money game.Bait Switch, word no good, poor Business pratices.Lock you out of account. Internet

*Author of original report: Serve.com

*Consumer Comment: You were probably

After seeing a Game which promised money to open an  online account, Debit card, Pay-Pal type of service. I played the game and was told I would receive 10.00 if I followed their specific instructions, of which I did exactly as requested. The money never showed up in the account, while they had much information about me, enough to do harm. But not enough where I would lose control of the situation. I waited about ten (10) days and contacted them, they never replied to my email, and the Phone number is a Robot. Leading you in circles for hours. When I told them I was a going to contact their advertisers, I immediatley received a replay. In which they told me the funding had not come through, and they would clear it all up in just a few days. They said three, I gave them six. Then the phone calls to me assuring me all was well, just some funding issues. Several follow-up calls, and then emails stating "we could not reach you at the number provided". [continued below]....
..... The exact number they had called me on four differant occasions. Then when I tried to log into the account, it was locked up, and I was denied access to any and all contact, and there has been no futher communication. When I call the number my phone seems to be recognized, and I am sent on a merry go round  in circles. Horrible experience and a complete waste of time. The below is what they promise, and never did anything they said. SERVE MONEY MOVER GAME. My personal experience is this is a scam which generates email gathering, and personal information which they most likely sell to the highest bidder. The comapny using American Express as a catchall, is at a minum i'll managed, poorley launched and a sham and a Farce as far as I am concerned, and that is my personal experience. So don't watse hours of your time, which will never come to fuition. It is a dead end run by amatures. American express must have placed some Rich CEO  son over it, to who knows what end. A JOKE!!!! People in Business who do not do what they say, are the worst America has to offer. Not every consumer is a complete Idiot.

No purchase necessary. Money Mover Game and Serve $1,000 Challenge both end October 7, 2011.  Must be a legal resident of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Questions for the Challenge posted daily thru 10/07/11. Answers must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on the applicable day. Limit one $10 credit in the game and $1,000 prize in the Challenge per person/e-mail address. Click on the Game Rules / Challenge Rules for complete details, which govern.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2011 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Servecom/internet/Servecom-Part-of-American-Express-and-its-affiliates-Promised-money-if-directions-we-780933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Serve.com

Serve.com

AUTHOR: seeker - (United States of America)

After being lock out of the account, I did get a phone call, and they did admit they dropped the ball on this issue, and after talking on the phone again for 1/2 an hour they did what they said they would do. Place 10.00 in the account. It took almost two weeks, and too much of my time. If I had it to do over I would never do it. But their rep did his best to get thigs back on tarck. All  in all not worth the time and effort for me. Who knows maybe it will take off, it is another Pay-Pal type plan, where they make money off your money, the future I guess. I cannot reccomend them at this time. But I must give credit to the person who was able to get it together. And finish the deal. And even though it took far to long they did keep their word.

You were probably

AUTHOR: chaosflamespirit - (USA)

doing it wrong.  There are instructions for how to get the $10, it's easy if you follow them correctly.  I got the $10 right away, used it on gas.  Wish you could get more than just one set of $10 on the game though, I'm broke.  (No, I don't work for them, so don't even try it.)