Complaint Review: Service Metrics

• Reported By: Karen — Toronto Ontario
Service Metrics
Internet USA

Service Metrics don't pay Internet

I did my first shop for them two weeks ago. It only paid $5 but I thought it would be worth it to get my foot in the door.   You had to make a purchase ($15 to $20 recommended!) as well as do the report. It was a store I normally shop at so no problem, the LCBO, Liquor Control Board of Ontario.

What was really strange was the system was IDENTICAL to another popular mystery shop company, Marketforce.  Answer one question, go to the next screen, etc. They even had the identical fields about landmarks. Everything was absolutely identical. I wondered if maybe this was going to be MarketForce's Canadian system or if not then they had copied Market Force's report forms word for word. Except...when I tried to send the report it would not go through. I emailed them and they phoned me a couple of days later saying the form works now. The woman who phoned me was very nice. I went to the site and everything had been deleted. Fortunately, I had saved a copy and retyped it all. It was quite long. Also, they even had MarketForce's CPI system except they wanted you to actually print it, sign it, scan it, and upload it back to them! I signed it electronically and they said it was okay, but they had lengthy instructions about scanning it and uploading it and nothing about e-signing it.

I had a funny feeling about them so cancelled the second one I had scheduled. I wanted to get the lousy $5 first. Yesterday I saw my shop was still pending so emailed them asking why. It had been 13 days. I got an email back saying "no news is good news". Today I got another email from their quality assurance person wanting all kinds of other information, saying that I had not put enough information in all the fields and had not answered all their questions. I know I had, it was just an excuse not to pay me. I'm not giving them any more work. They can keep the $5.

I've done mystery shopping for over 10 years now.  I do it for a living.  There is something wrong with this company.  It does not take 13 days to approve a report.  The form was completely filled in, there was no missing information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Service-Metrics/internet/Service-Metrics-dont-pay-Internet-1164383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Service Metrics