Complaint Review: Servicenet

• Submitted: Wed, March 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By: martyp — Natrona Hts Pennsylvania United States of America
Servicenet

Servicenet Purchased an extended warranty, supposedly from Sony.Paid $350 for a three yr extended warranty. Was told computer was dirty inside (dust),warranty void, user neglect !. Internet

Purchased 3 yr. extended warranty, supposedly from Sony, for my Vaio computer. Paid $350. The screen went blank on my computer, so I called for the in-home service. Please keep in mind that the computer started, but didn't have a display.
 Tech came to my home & installed a new mother board. After 2 hrs. on my living room floor, got the computer back together. He plugged it in & nothing happened ! It didn't even start anymore ! He then proceeded to tell me that I had to send it to the company. No problem.
 First they sent me the wrong box to ship it in (too small), when they finally did send the right box (after several calls), I sent it in. I heard nothing for awhile, so I decided to call & check on the status. After 4-5 attempts I finally found someone that found my computer.
 To my dismay, they said that "I" mailed it to the wrong place ! They are the ones who sent me the box & shipping label ! That it had to be sent to another location. That being done, I was told that they would call on the status. 9 out of 10 of the people that I had talked to so far were rude, couldn't understand english, etc.
Finally got a call, stating that my computer was dirty inside ! Give me a break ! All computers are dusty/ dirty inside, like any electronics they are like a magnet. Warranty service was denied because I was negligent ! It would supposedly cost $2000 to fix it !
 I was even told by one person, that they look for any reason to deny coverage !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Servicenet/internet/Servicenet-Purchased-an-extended-warranty-supposedly-from-SonyPaid-350-for-a-three-yr-860352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Servicenet