Complaint Review: Servpro

Servpro
132 Golden South Pkwy Dallas, Georgia United States of America

Servpro Construction on house after tornado Dallas, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: The truth

*Author of original report: the tornado

I had a tornado come through on April 27 of 2010. Servpro came in 2 days after. they told me they would work off my ins. and it would not cost me anymore. I signed up for construction and emergy servs. I paid for the emergy serv. then they hired a contractor who hired a sub-contractor. servpro told me the job would take 2 and a half to 3 weeks to do. the sub-contractor that they hired to do the job,he was on drugs and cut materials and never had enough materials to do job. the job took about  3 months to do. he hired guys off the street to do one job at a time and I had at least 5 or 6 different people come in to do a job one at a time. this is not a crew of sub-contractors that should come in of 5 or more and be knowledged in their job. I paid them almost all of my insurance check. now that everything is done they are trying to get even more money from me. I tried to call their construction manager named Michelle George who was very rude and very unprofessional and when I tried to talk to her she hung up on me. they are trying to file a claim on me through a lawyer. Public BEWARE!!! before you consider using servpro you might also be taken in by them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Servpro/Dallas-Georgia-30157/Servpro-Construction-on-house-after-tornado-Dallas-Georgia-863958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Servpro

The truth

AUTHOR: Manager - (United States of America)

SERVPRO denies the allegations made in this post.

A contract for services related to tornado damage was entered into between the author
(herein referred to as homeowner) of this post and SERVPRO on April 22,
2011.  Pursuant to the contract and the scope of work approved by the homeowners insurance company, SERVPRO completed the work.

Any subcontractors hired by SERVPRO are fully insured and submit to a rigorous
background check.

On August 2, 2011, after the work was completed, the homeowner completed a Certificate
of Satisfaction form indicating the highest approval rankings for SERVPRO in
all categories based on the work performed. Once SERVPRO attempted to collect the balance due and realized the homeowner was not responding to its requests, it engaged an attorney to collect the balance due.

The homeowners statements in this post are either false or misleading.  SERVPRO is
a nationally recognized company with an excellent reputation in our industry.  It is unfortunate that this homeowner is taking advantage of this forum as an attempt to avoid a debt and apparently
keep insurance money specified for the work performed by SERVPRO.

the tornado

AUTHOR: Philip - (United States of America)

I resently said in my complaint that the tornado  came in 2010,but it came in 2011 of april. hope this does not take off original report. if it does then watch out for Servpro. everything I see on other reports about Servpro is true and it all happened to me also. but they are trying to file a claim on me through a lawyer. just beware if you use Servpro they will try to take you for more money than they say!!!!