Complaint Review: Seterus

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: Tom — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Seterus
14523 SW Milikan Way Internet United States of America

Seterus LBPS145 They intentionally cheat, here is how to beat them from cheating you. Internet

I do not have a difficulty in making payments.  My original loan was paid and processed timely by Met Life, after a year it was sold to Chase and again processed and paid timely for the second year.  In July of 2010 it the loan was sold by Chase to LBPS for processing.

The problem started with the sale from chase.  Chase was paid timelyas my bank proves the dollars were withdrawn timely, three weeks later Chase redeposits the payment into my acocunt without notification to me.  LBPS collections then calls me and states I'm in arrears and subject to foreclosure.  I tell them not so, am driving but will check and that is when I discover the above.  Even though within the 60 day period for mitigation neither Chase or LBPS would take action.  Three years now and LBPS/ Seterus continue to attempt to claim late charges and erroneous impounds.  After the first 4 months it became obvious they were intentionally claiming no receipt of payment or late in payment by one day. [continued below]....
.....

As protection to myself, I now send every payment by registered mail, write two checks (one for PI and the other for TI)  Absolutely necessary because they intentionally raise and lower impounds to make it appear late.  I staple these checks to a form letter indicating, then photo graph the contents with a witness before sending registered mail.  Even though they sign for receipt, late charges were attempted for six months.  I then sent the signed reg mail receipts and those charges were, with a lot of letter writing, finally reversed.  Even so, each new current payment is still attempted with a late charge.

Stapleing, registered mail, and photographing is a bit of work, but it does provide proof.  Personally for me, as a result of their miscreant actions, my credit rating went from 830 down to the low 700 which made it impossible to refinance at interest rates 2% lower than my fixed loan rate.  I wanted to refinance to get out of their clutches, but was denied due to the lower credit rating.  In writing from my own bank of of whichIve been a long time customer.  Apparently they have to go by the numbers.

I do have much documentation on all of this and have verified that it is a common occurance, not a abberation.  Assistance from the state AJ, the FTC, and Fannie Mae resulted in absolutely no assistance on this crime against the community.  Hence so many reports on Ripoff and Pissed cosumer.  class action would be my first choice because it would put the largest dent in their side.  That occured to the sister company LPS, litigated by the FTC, but the financial fine did not even result in one years worth of theft  by LPS!

Stapling checks, forwarding letter, registered mail has placed a major dent in their activities of collecting late fees or increased impounds!  It works for me.  Class action would also be desired and I do have much written proof!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seterus/internet/Seterus-LBPS145-They-intentionally-cheat-here-is-how-to-beat-them-from-cheating-you-Inte-924263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seterus