- Report: #1081247
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Settle Auto Sales
Settle Auto Sales4737 State Road 930 E. Fort Wayne, Indiana USA
Settle Auto Sales Listed and Sold Car as Excellent Condition 4500.00 that required 3500.00 in repair. Fort Wayne Indiana
*Consumer Comment: Questions
*Consumer Comment: Just Wondering
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My Wife took in her 2001 Mecury Sable for trade for a 2004 TrailBlazer. She paid top price 4,500.00 by Kelly Blue book for a Trail Blazer in Excellent condition. After a day of driving found it to be rattling and took it to an auto shop to be looked over.
1. They found the Air conditioner compressor was missing.
2. They found that all of the Shocks and struts were nearly total worn out.
3. They found Sway bars and tie rods all loose in need of replacement.
4. They found that all fluids were in poor condition including transmission, powersteering and oil.
5. When my wife left the lot it seemed strange to me that it was with an empty tank of gas in her newly purchased vehicle.
Total = estimated repair = $2384.00
The trade in Value we were assesed for our 2001 Mercury sable was the lowest possible trade in value.
What we recieved was not a vehicle in Excellent Condition as the advertisement led us to believe as as the sales person persuaded my wife to percieve of the Trailblazer. In fact she was pursuaded to trade in her vehicle for under its value and to purchase the trailblazer for above it actual real value.
I just want to warn you that this company has no ethical intention in selling you a running vehicle. When I brought this information to Settle. They asked me to bring the vehicle in to them so that they could inspect it. They told me that they would not take the word of Hires Automotive on the actual condition of the Trailblazer. Hires Automotive is an outstanding autoshop that can be trusted and we have trusted for many years with the service of our vehicles.
I simple wish to warn anyone against the idea that you can Settle for Better with Settle Auto Sales. Look at what we have had to Settle with.
It seems very wrong to me that in today's world car dealers are allowed to be so dishonest and that they are rewarded and feed from the trust of others. This practice needs to be regulated and suspended for its total lack of integrity. I for one can not comprehend why it is allowed to go on unchecked.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Settle-Auto-Sales/Fort-Wayne-Indiana-46803/Settle-Auto-Sales-Listed-and-Sold-Car-as-Excellent-Condition-450000-that-required-35000-1081247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.