Complaint Review: Seventh Avenue

• Reported By: Annoyed! — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Seventh Avenue
1112 7th Avenue. Monroe Wisconsin 53566-1364 Internet United States of America

Seventh Avenue Rip Off Internet

Had I read the comments here before placing an order, I would have not ordered any items from Seventh Avenue.  In August 2012, I received a catalog from Seventh Avenue stating that I was pre-selected to receive credit.  I looked through the catalog and set it aside. Two months later, I received another catalog from them this time it was stamped last catalog and that I was pre-approved for credit up to $400.  I scanned through this catalog and decided to purchase a steam vac.  I had no problem with ordering the item, until two weeks later.  I received a letter in the mail stating that I need to put a down payment of 10% before the item could be shipped.  Well, I did so.  Was kind of upset because I was not told that during the time of the order but paid the 10% so my order could be expedited.  Once the payment was received, the product was delivered to my home (almost 3 weeks later after my payment cleared, etc.).  I did not use the product right away so I had no clue the item was defected.

I am very ill and have been in and out of the hospital for most of the year (2012).  I have members of my church as well as neighbors whom assist me in many of my daily activities due to my illness.
Someone came to my home, assembled the steam vac and proceeded to use it on my carpet.  It did not work.  So they took it apart again, re-assembled it and it still did not work.  Time had passed since the order but I called Seventh Avenue back to report the problem and was told that I could return the item for a new one.  I went through the process of reordering the item and was told that I would receive a UPS shipping label to return the defected product.  Well, the label did not come for two weeks and unfortunately I had to return to the hospital.  I called Seventh Avenue to report that there would be a delay in sending the item back and was assured that everything was okay and that the new item would be sent to my home by January 8, 2013.... Well, January 8th came and went.. No steam vac.  I called Seventh Avenue to see if it was delivered because their process of delivery is NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED!  I was hoping that the UPS driver did not leave the product on my step and someone took it.  That was not the case.  I had no clue that the delivery date had a delay and was pushed back to be delivered on January 21, 2013.  I was upset becasue I was not notified of the new date until I called (usually I would receive some sort of notification via email or USPS).  So I waited patiently ......  no steam vac.

It is now January 28th and I placed another call to Seventh Avenue and they told me that the deliver date was moved yet again...this time to February 4, 2013.  I am very ANNOYED at this point.  Again, no notification until I called.  I spoke to a supervisor this time and wanted my money back and my credit clear with them (it was my first and only order).  The supervisor was kind and with sincere apology, offered a discount on the product if I could hold off for yet ANOTHER deliver date of February 11, 2013.  Although I hesitated, I did agree to wait a few more days for the steam vac to arrive.  I did express my concern and was ANNOYED at the process and let the supervisor know that their service was not great at all.  With the understanding that if the steam vac was not delivered this time, I will cancel my order and wanted my money back....

Well, unfortunately I had to be admitted to the hospital and was worried that the steam vac would be delivered on the February 11th date so I had a neighbor sit around my house to retrieve the package if it had arrived.  YOU GUESSED IT.... NO DELIVERY!  I am pissed now!  I am in the hospital trying to regroup from my illness, paid a neighbor to be at my home and no delivery!  You have got to be kidding me.  From my hospital room in the evening, I called Seventh Avenue to get my money back because now I am beyond annoyed.  I spoke with a supervisor...again! and was told that the order had been cancelled on February 7th.  I was so out done.  CANCELLED!  I was told that it would be delivered on February 11th so who authorized it to be cancelled and why would I cancel an order that I am waiting for to be delivered on February 11th let alone pay someone to sit at my house and wait for it?  What a waste of money in this economy.  I expressed to her that I was in the hospital and I didn't need this type of excitement.  She assured me that my money would be returned in a few days and sorry for the mix up.  During that time I mentioned to her that when I returned the defected steam vac, UPS charged me a pick up fee; which I was told I would not have and asked if I could have a refund for that as well?  The supervisor asked for the tracking number; which unfortunately I did not have in front of me because I was in the hospital but told her that I would call back when I was at home and had access to it.  I was released from the hospital the next day and called back to Seventh Avenue to find out where the process of my returned monies were and if I needed to do anything additional to expedite the process as well as give the tracking number to the representative.

It was not a pleasant call.  First I had to repeat my contact information 3 times (listen to this).  Why?  because when I first called to discuss my account I had to give my contact information and the information why I was calling.. Understandable!  The representative stated that I had the wrong department and that she would connect me to the credit department.  Thinking that is were she connected me after I stated ALL THE INFORMATION THAT IS LISTED ABOVE IN THIS COMPLAINT (took like 10 minutes to tell her the entire story)  she then conncected me to the credit department....  so I thought.  SHE DIDN'T.  I had no clue at the time because I was annoyed that the representative asked for ALL OF MY INFORMATION AGAIN (another 5 minutes).  Then she had the nerve to ask me why I was calling.  In my head I was like I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS.  I JUST GOT OUT THE HOSPITAL AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS FIND OUT THE STATUS OF MY MONIES RETURN AND TO GIVE THE TRACKING NUMBER FOR UPS.  I did immediately express my annoyance to the representative because I had to repeat the entire story again.. remind you my contact information too.  I told her that I was ill and that I am sorry for being short but this is now rediculous.  She stated to me in a smart tone that I had the wrong department that "billing and credit" needed to take care of me and that I need to be patient for the return because I called yesterday and the process takes time.  At this point I don't know if I should just flip out on her or hang up!

I tried to control myself and just stated Patience!  Patience!  You are asking me to be patient after three months of no delivery, no notification, repeating myself to multiple reps, telling my story millions of times and you ask me to be patient?  She said she was going to terminate my call and that I had the wrong department anyway and she could not help.  I just terminated the call and called directly back because I could not talk to her not another second.  First of all, I did not connect MYSELF to you.  I was transferred from someone within your company.  Do they not know what department handles what?  Secondly, as a representative, you should have better customer service.  Thirdly, I never had a chance to finish telling her the complete reason why I called because she was so busy trying to get my information and cut me off in the middle of my hour horror story of my cancelled and rescheduled deliver dates.  When this NEW representative got on the phone, I no longer cared about when my monies would be returned.  I was truly trying to find out the representatives name that I just hung up on so that I could call the corporate office and report her nasty attitude she represented to me. I am the one who was being railroaded.  I was the one who was disappointed.  I am the one who has paid money for a defected product (still paid three payments) that I have not yet used.  Paid early at that!  I AM TRULY ANNOYED.  Well, of course when I talked with this rep, she sated that no one noted me calling into customer service the few moments before calling her and that it listed that I called in yesterday and could she help.  She asked my name and other info as well as the reason why.... I hesitated a few moments because now I am so not happy at the service.  I can't believe that a company like this exsists.  REALLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I will never buy any product from this company again.  The product that I purchased was defected, customer service was not great, I was lied to, I had one email notification that the product was delayed, I received one notification in the mail dated AFTER the date of the second delay AND most of all was never really told why I had such a problem with the delivery until I cancelled. THEY NO LONGER MAKE THE PRODUCT!  Uhhhh!  Someone could have told me that from the beginning.  I am not sure when I will receive my refund but I just think it would be best that I don't call for a few days because I might not be able to be so nice and most likely will be rude to the rep as they were rude to me.

What an experience as a first time buyer.  I say this to say, order at your own risk.  Stay on top of them, open your product immediately to ensure the quality and always take down names, dates, times and repeat your conversation back to each rep to ensure that you both are on the same page.  Get their information such as name, operator number, time and date of call, etc...  If not, you will be strung around like I was.  Good luck!

I will never order from this company again!

Signed,

Annoyed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seventh-Avenue/internet/Seventh-Avenue-Rip-Off-Internet-1013953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seventh Avenue