Complaint Review: Sexton Ford

• Submitted: Sat, May 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 30, 2009

• Reported By:Rock Island Illinois
Sexton Ford
3802-16th Street Moline, Illinois U.S.A.

Sexton Ford Of Moline Illinois Honesty and Repair is not their Best Quality! Moline Illinois

Dear FORD OWNERS in the QUADCITIES USA,

During a mishap of "Road Rage", I smacked the center of my steering wheel! Unfortunately, this action caused my horn to remain "ON" indefinitely! I removed the fuse, and took the vehicle to SEXTON FORD for repair. Sexton Ford gave me a verbal estimate of $200.00 for repair of the horn. Later in the day, they called me to report that $800.00 dollars would be the best that they could do to repair the horn.

I told them to "button up" the steering wheel, that $800.00 was more than I could I afford. I picked the vehicle up (a 1996 Lincoln Town Car), and during the drive home noticed that the buttons which controlled cruise control and the radio didn't work! I called them to report this problem and they said to me, "well how do we know that when you drove in here that these buttons worked"???

I am now taking my vehicle to Strieter Motors in Davenport Iowa ( where I should have gone in the first place, and which is a highly reputable dealership), to have this horn and steering wheel button problem corrected. But before I do, I want all you folks who own a Ford PRODUCT in the Illinois Quad Cities to avoid SEXTON FORD at all costs, because as far as I am concerned, THEY ARE CROOKS! Right Joey Stehn? I read where I am not the first customer to report SEXTON FORD as a CROOK!!!

With respect Frank ****

Slobo
Rock Island, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sexton-Ford/Moline-Illinois-61265/Sexton-Ford-Of-Moline-Illinois-Honesty-and-Repair-is-not-their-Best-Quality-Moline-Illino-456986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sexton Ford