Complaint Review: Sexycostumes.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 22, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2011

• Reported By: skip — Liberty New York United States of America
Sexycostumes.com

Sexycostumes.com Halloweencostumes.com Misrepresentation and ripoff, horrible customer service Internet

*Author of original report: Yes, but

*Consumer Comment: Some people

*Consumer Comment: Hey rik

*Consumer Comment: So

*Consumer Comment: It's not their fault.

*Consumer Comment: Return policy

*Consumer Comment: Shipping

I ordered a costume and paid shipping and handling for 4-7 business days.  I bought the costume on September 2.  It took my costume 12 days to get to my house and arrived on September 14.  When I tried it on it did not fit.  So I called to let them know I would be returning it.  They told me that their return policy was 14 days from the date of the order and it would have had to be postmarked by September 17.  I called on September 21.  I said I had only had the costume for 7 days.  I was even willing to exchange it for a different, more expensive costume.  The girl I spoke to said no because it was more than 14 days and that was the general policy for places that sold Halloween costumes.  I told them I looked online and most return policies were from the date the package was received and it had only been 7 days then.  So then I spoke to a manager.  The manager said that she would exchange the costume, I gave her all the information on what I wanted, she put me on hold, and then she came back on the phone and said she could not exchange it.  It is not even close to Halloween so I don't know why they would not exchange it, expecially when it took 12 days to get the costume.  I would never buy a costume from them again.  Ironic how it was ok that I paid for shipping that was 3-5 days and it took 12 days, but they follow a return policy that would not let me return a costume when I only had the costume for 7 days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sexycostumescom/internet/Sexycostumescom-Halloweencostumescom-Misrepresentation-and-ripoff-horrible-customer-ser-779920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sexycostumes.com

Yes, but

AUTHOR: skip - (United States of America)

I understand the return policy, but 12 days to get a costume is ridiculous.  The manager even agreed that it was ridiculous and said she would exchange it, took all the information for the new costume, but then decided she couldn't and had to stick to the policy.  And yes, as the previous person stated, I have a life, thank you for pointing that out for the some people who may not.  I have 3 kids and a full time job, so 3 days to try on a costume and get it returned to the post office to me is ridiculous.  It wasn't even like I was asking for a refund, I was willing to take a different costume for more money.  The return policy wouldn't be a problem if it didn't take them 12 days to get my costume to me.  That is almost the entire return time they alot.  Common sense, that is insane.

Some people

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

have a life.

Hey rik

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

How is that "rushing" it back to the post office? When clothing arrives through the mail, I normally try it on immidiately. The OP would have had 4 days to drop it back in the mail if she had tried it on when it arrived. Especially since she shuold have known their return policy.

So

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

according to their "policy" you would have had to rush the costume you got sometime on the 14th back to the post office by SATURDAY the 17th in order to qualify for a refund?

wow.

It's not their fault.

AUTHOR: jb3892 - (United States of America)

I have to agree with the commenter above, they even posted the rules for you. You got the costume on time, and you had a time limit to try on the costume. It's not their fault if the costume does not fit you. Furthermore, it doesn't mean their scammers selling a shoddy product if the product didn't fit you or flatter you. Your complaint wasn't about the costume falling to pieces or anything else related to that, so it's a bit slanderous of you to post this comment here.

Return policy

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

here I dug it up for you. When you ordered you did agree to this policy:

Return Policy

The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a refund.

Returns must be post marked within 14 days of the original order date.
NOTE: Orders placed between October 10th and November 1st are not eligible for a refund.
Item(s) being returned must be new, unused and in their original packaging with all accessories.
Item(s) must be accompanied by the packslip from the return process noted above.
Item(s) must be returned to us via a traceable shipping method with a delivery confirmation with all shipping costs pre-paid.

Items will NOT be eligible for a refund if:

Item was refused upon delivery.
An incorrect address was provided by the customer.
Items are not received on time because the wrong shipping method was chosen by the customer.
Item is marked "Clearance" or "Sale" on the website. Clearance or sale items cannot be returned and are sold as-is. No Exceptions.

An order is delayed due to an inclement weather system or any other uncontrollable incident that causes substantial disruptions to the courier's service. "

Shipping

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

It sounds as if it arrived right on time as promised. You said you paid for shipping in 4-7 buisness days and you ordered it on the 2nd?

Well, it wouldn't have shipped until the 5th (the second being a friday so the next day to ship is monday) and if you count the 5th, it only took 6 buisness days to arrive at your location.  Later in your post you say 3-5 days? So it would just barely be outside that. It did not take 12 buisness days to arrive. That would have been sept 20th.

the big question is, why did you wait a full week to try on the costume? I'm sure the company has their return policy listed on their website, you just neglected to read it.