Complaint Review: Sgada.com - Unlimited Music Downloads

• Updated: Sun, January 30, 2005

• Reported By:Wylie Texas
Sgada.com - Unlimited Music Downloads
Sgada.com Internet U.S.A.

Sgada.com - Unlimited Music Downloads I unwittingly gave my credit card number to an unsecure web site and my solution Internet

A freind of mine wanted to locate and download a song from the internet. I did a google search and came across this web site: http://freemusic4downloads.com/index.cfm also known as: Top Music Now.

I was suckered in by their UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS claim. I was in a hurry so I did not take my usual precautionary steps such as: making sure that when I'm asked for my credit card number, the web site is secure.

I went out to dinner and realized that I had not done this simple check. When I got home, I went through the steps to order their service again and when I got to the page where you enter a credit card number I immediately knew that I'd been had.

UNSECURE WEB SITE. For one thing, I never received a confirmation receipt and I could not find any way to cancel my subscription.

On the opening web page of "Top Music Now" there was a small sentence that said: Order processed by sgada.com. I went to this web site and filled out the customer service form and typed in my complaint. Again, I got further assurance that I'd been suckered because when you hit the "Submit" button, nothing happens. So, I called their 1-800 number.

The recorded message sounds so official that it's easy to think that you might be getting somewhere except you are asked for either your order number (or something like that) OR your CREDIT CARD NUMBER! OR wait for the next available customer representative. Well, I had no order number and I wasn't about to give out my credit card number again so I waited for the next available service rep.

Well, I could have waited until the end of time and no service rep was ever going to take my call. Realizing that I needed to act quickly, I called my credit card 24 hour service number and cancelled my credit card before they had the chance to RIP ME OFF.

It's a hassle because I won't get a replacement card for 7 to 10 days but it's worth every second compared to giving these jackals the satisfaction of RIPPING ME OFF.

TAKE THAT, YOU SORRY S.O..... You know the rest. Remember folks, if the web site is not secure, RUN RUN RUN!

George
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2005 01:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sgadacom-Unlimited-Music-Downloads/internet/Sgadacom-Unlimited-Music-Downloads-I-unwittingly-gave-my-credit-card-number-to-an-unsec-129441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sgada.com - Unlimited Music Downloads

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC