Complaint Review: Shadeville Transmission

• Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Tiredofrippoffs — CRAWFORDVILLE Florida United States of America
Shadeville Transmission
764 Shadeville Rd CRAWFORDVILLE, Florida United States of America

Shadeville Transmission Downtown Automotive, I paid Downtown Automotive over $3000.00 to replace original motor and whatever caused it to fail in the first place. They put @motors in supposedly and both failed. The first one supposedly over-heat CRAWFORDVILLE, Florida

I paid Downtown Automotive, now known as Shadeville Transmission $3048.00 to repair my  personal vehicle. I had a motor,radiator,water pump,etc. repaired the first time. And before i placed it in this shop my power steering pump and heater/ac worked just fine. This was round $2500.00 which we never agreed on. I was never given a written estimate as required by most state laws. This was around the end of October 2011. Not even two weeks later in November 2011, I broke down o to the power steering pump freezing up and the surpentine belt coming off. This was again repaired by Downtown Automotive, costing myself another $425.00.

Shortly after, in December the motor they placed in my car also failed. They stated that it was caused by no coolant being in motor. This could not possibly have been my fault due to the fact that my car was in his shop twice for repairs that would require them to check/add all motor fluids such as coolant and oil. They replaced motor once again, supposedly but still charged me another $200.00, for other parts but my receipt said labor costs. Around the very beginning of March the second motor failed . They refused to fix it. I was without a car for over a month before finally financing myself a new one which I didn't want to do.

I repaired my Monte Carlo in the first place because I had just paid the last payment on it and because I loved that car. Every time I drive by Downtown Automotive I want to stop and warn others so Lee Highsmith, the owner of Downtown Automotive doesn't rip them off and cause them serious life problems like he did myself. I am writing this hoping that I will get a response from him and refund my money. This would be the right thing to do. If not I am just getting started. Next is BBB, than other consumer reference reports. Facebook ,Twitter ,etc. And if i have to, local newspapers and small claims court. This in turn will cost him way more than if he just refunded myself the money I paid him and his business to repair my car . Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shadeville-Transmission/CRAWFORDVILLE-Florida-32327/Shadeville-Transmission-Downtown-Automotive-I-paid-Downtown-Automotive-over-300000-to-r-923521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shadeville Transmission