Complaint Review: ShadowShopper.com

• Submitted: Sat, September 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 20, 2008

• Reported By:San Pedro California
ShadowShopper.com
shadowshopper.com Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

ShadowShopper.com Charged 99.99 from my bank account without notification and permission Carson City Nevada

I signed up for a 30 day membership with this company to notify me of Demo jobs in my area the charge was 4.99. Now I have a pending charge on my bank statement for 99.99 a year membership that I did not opt for. When I went to the website and looked over my inital sign up I see that the box for a one year renewal of 99.99 dollars was checked. I DID NOT CHECK THIS BOX!!! The company has this boxed already checked upon sign up, though this does not appear when you go to sign up for the 30 day trial. All other companies I have dealt with always notify you prior to the 30 daylimit and ask if I would like to renew at that time and give me different renewal options, not this one, they just go right ahead and charge your card the highest price without permission to do so for that amount. So Wrong!!! I have notified my bank, and now they have to cancel my credit card and issue me another one, and I hope I can get this money credited back to me. I have notified ShadowShoppers and they want to only charge me 40.00 dollars for 90 days, so not interested!!!

H
San Pedro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2008 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ShadowShoppercom/Carson-City-Nevada-89701/ShadowShoppercom-Charged-9999-from-my-bank-account-without-notification-and-permission-C-374640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ShadowShopper.com