• Report: #711935

Complaint Review: Shadowshopper.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: kjc2011 — Concord New Hampshire United States of America
1894 US Highway 50 East, #4-215, Carson City, NV Internet United States of America

On 2/25/11 I signed up for a trial membership with Shadowshopper.com for the price of $4.95.  I had 30 days to cancel my membership before being charged.  On 3/4/11 (a mere 7 days later) I canceled my trial membership by phone (had to leave a voicemail) and asked that all of my information, including my debit card information, be removed from their databases.  Today, 3/30/11, I saw that on 3/29/11 Shadowshopper.com made an unauthorized charge to my debit card for $99.95!  I immediately called them and again left another voicemail.  At this time, I also logged onto their website and contacted them through "live email".  I told them that I had cancelled my membership 3 weeks prior by phone and this charge was unauthorized.  I heard back from "Johnathon" that they have a very strict no refund policy (which he included in the email) and basically that I was out of luck.  I replied that I had canceled my membership, so the refund policy really didn't apply anyway.  He then replied that he checked their phone records "which are maintained by the phone company, not them" and that there was no call from my number.  I told him I found that interesting considering I never even gave him a phone number for which to check!  He is still refusing to refund my money.  I have filed a dispute with my bank, a report with the BBB and a complaint with my state attorney general's office.  HOPEFULLY I will get back my money.  But PLEASE, PLEASE do not make the same mistake I did and sign up for ANYTHING with this dispicable company.  It appears from other reports that it is a one man show...and he is a true con.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shadowshoppercom/internet/Shadowshoppercom-Johnathon-MAKES-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-TO-YOUR-BANK-ACCOUNT-BEWARE-In-711935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shadowshopper.com