• Report: #1071938

• Reported By: dewain — California
Shape My Credit
4601 Lafayette Street PO Box 5612. Santa Clara, CA santa clara, California USA

Shape My Credit credit repair, CPN, santa clara California

*Author of original report: Still no product/service

*Author of original report: Comunicate

*Consumer Comment: Terms of use

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Credit repair/Credit restoration

*Author of original report: WOW

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: poor credit=no credit!

*Consumer Comment: To the Owner...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I cannot believe this!

*Author of original report: Complaint

*Consumer Comment: This may be illegal...

HEY SCAM ALERT... I PAID THIS GUY OVER 1300 FOR A FRESH CREDIT PROFILE AND HE HASNT SHOWED NO RESULTS. I PAID HIM WITH A CREDIT CARD AND HE CANT EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE, DONT TRUST THIS GUY AT ALL.. HIS ADDRESS LISTED IS A PO BOX TO THE POST OFFICE ITS NOT HIS OFFICE LIKES HE CLAIM HERE IS HIS ADD...MY NAME IS CARL..CALL ME (((ROR redacted))) FOR QUESTIONS.......

here is his craigslist add

SHAPE MY CREDIT
4601 Lafayette Street PO Box 5612
Santa Clara, CA 95054 (408)462-5178

STEP 1
I will provide you with a new credit profile in 10 days that is verified and actively reporting to the three bureaus: $800.00
This is a fresh start....You cannot abuse this new profile.....Last chance!
STEP 2
NOW. . .You need to add two credit card trade lines of credit to your new credit profile to give it substance and a FICO score that reports to your profile by all three bureaus a 700+FICO! $700.00
When you create a new profile with a history attached to it, you can rent an apartment, get credit cards, and buy a car and a house!
Credit REPAIR is basically worthless for most people. Most people cannot live their lives and repair credit at the same time. The most honest way to repair bad credit is to give your old profile a REST and let it correct itself over time. The new profile allows you to do this and build a new profile at the same time.
I guarantee results! I also act fast! Call me for a consultation. I will only give you what you need...No more. I provide other services to build credit as well. Email me for information. I look forward to working with you soon!
Call Jon at (408)444-3874

Cash,check, paypal or credit cards accepted!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shape-My-Credit/santa-clara-California-95054/Shape-My-Credit-credit-repair-CPN-santa-clara-California-1071938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shape My Credit

Still no product/service

AUTHOR: dewain - ()

hello, once again. i still have not recieved my product/service as promised. its been over a month, i havent recieved an email or anything from this company. not even a phone call regarding anything. i still dont recomend this company to anyone.

Comunicate

AUTHOR: dewain - ()

actually, he said 7 days and if it was a delay why dont you comunicate and tell me it was a delay. if this is soooo honest why dont you pick up the phone and say "hey something happened" why do i have to call 100 times for an answer.. and who are you, his friend??

Terms of use

AUTHOR: Moti - ()

I think you're probably paranoid person.
No one is saying that someone did scam on him after 10 days you do not think it's too early?
and before you do some thing like that look on the website there is samting call terms of use

"I understand that while most account(s) are created and setup within 7-14 DAYS  I understand the process may take as long as 30 business days."

As a business owner I think sometimes you are quick to say things and you do not realize the damage you are doing.
Sometimes there is a delay?, Sometimes missing data? And can be further problems but not sure that a person is doing a RIPOFF.

And from what I read here I see that Jon is right,  only 10 days after Carl writes a negative post and not real Why give him the product after he wrote that? if it was me I will go to court suing for Carl for libel.

Why give him the product after he wrote that? Erase what I wrote and you will get the product it makes sense
When the person site say 7-30 days!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Credit repair/Credit restoration

AUTHOR: JonLake - ()

We are not a credit repair or credit restoration company. We simply do not believe in it. The only way you can fix bad credit is to not use your credit, let it age, and fall off naturally with time. Then, and only then can you merge the profiles together to tell the true credit story. We are not a quick fix, we are a solution!

WOW

AUTHOR: dewain - ()

why do i have to wait to get what i paid for..like i said if u would of provided what i paid for we would not of went this far. now all of a sudden your holding my product hostage because of what????why dont you give me what i paid for???its that simple!!!!!!!i paid for this so give me my product or a full refund!!!!! i think that is fair..

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

poor credit=no credit!

AUTHOR: JonLake - ()

As the owner of this service company, we choose to set forth rules and guidelines that work for our company. Did you know that everytime we extend credit to somebody with poor credit that we do not get paid? Do you think that a person with poor credit has the right to demand that we finance them? the answer is NO. We don't and we won't. We have a fair model that is broken into 2 phases. It is pay as you go...We don't collect money and you always have something to show for what you paid for. People with poor credit have bad habits. Even given a second chance for credit and financing most of these people still blow it! We provide a nice service that is well inside the boundaries of the law. I find that this site tries to bully and scare people. Our customers have all gotten what they paid for. As to the gentleman by the name of Carl who filed the report....He is finished and can have his CPN number when the report is removed.

To the Owner...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I actually applaud you for responding to this complaint.

You actually didn't deny taking money in advance, so if you in fact did take money BEFORE the work was completed..YOU are in violation of the Federal Credit Repair Organization Act.    Where any one who has given you money in advance may have the right to file a civil action against you in court.

So as a piece of advise if you are going to continue in this line of business you better familarize yourself with that act before somone(or the FTC) comes after you.

If you have any doubts you can go directly to the link below

if that is redacted just put "FTC CROA" in any search engine and the link from the FTC should be the first one that shows up.  In particular look at

Section 403(3)(i) that states basically

"The term 'credit repair organization'--(A) means any person who uses any instrumentality of interstate commerce or the mails to sell, provide, or perform (or represent that such person can or will sell, provide, or perform) any service, in return for the payment of money or other valuable consideration, for the express or implied purpose of--  (i) improving any consumer's credit record, credit history, or credit rating"

And Section 404(4)(b) - Prohibited Practices..which states

(b) Payment in Advance.--No credit repair organization may charge or receive any money or other valuable consideration for the performance of any service which the credit repair organization has agreed to perform or any consumer before such service is fully performed.

Now to dewain...please do your research as well on the FCRO..and if this person is in violation..exercise your rights.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I cannot believe this!

AUTHOR: Jon - ()

Very nice! I was reported to this Rippoff site in the middle of finishing this clients work...Nice! Doing this work takes a great effort and sometimes does not happen in a weeks time. The average person I encounter already has two bad experiences before I finish them satisfactorily. Please do me a favor....If you are one of these people who have had a number of bad experiences and cannot establish a level of trust, please do not call me! Please find and work with somebody else!!!

Complaint

AUTHOR: dewain - ()

I WAS TOLD BY THIS GUY THAT HE WILL NOT COMPLETE MY CREDIT FILE UNTIL I DELETE THIS REPORT. I FEEL LIKE THIS, IF HE WOULD OF DONE MY REPORT IN THE FIRST PLACE THIS WOUDLNOT OF HAPPENED, I WOULD OF BEEN HAPPY AND THIS REPORT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CRETED, ALL OF A SUDDEN HE IS TRYING TO CRY FOR MERCY BECAUSE HE IS LOOSING COSTOMERS.

This may be illegal...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

There is something you need to look up called the Federal Credit Repair Organizations Act(FCROA).  This is guidelines and regulations that a person/company must follow if they are in the business of "Credit Repair".

The biggest provision of this act is that they are forbidden from taking any fee up front.  The only time they can take a fee is AFTER the work is performed.

If they violate this act not only can the be liable for actual damages(including but may not be limited to refunding your money), but punitive damages that can be set by the judge as well as court and attorney fees.  Next they may be subject to administrative action by the Federal Trade Commission which at the very least could shut him down.

So it may be to your advantage to look up the FCROA and possibly consult an attorney.  At the very least you can bring this up with him and offer him a comprimise.  In that he either refunds your money ASAP or you go forward with your suit and contacing the FTC.