Complaint Review: Shapes Total Fitness For Women

• Submitted: Wed, April 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, April 14, 2004

• Reported By:lakeland Florida
Shapes Total Fitness For Women
www.shapesfit.com Temple Terrace, Florida U.S.A.

Shapes Total Fitness For Women Shapes ripped me off too Temple Terrace Florida

I joined Shapes in the spring of 2003 and paid for a 2 year membership in full upon signing the contract. I decided to pay the the entire fee up front (approximately $700)to avoid the overly inflated finance charges. The contract goes into extensive detail regarding my responsibilities to pay on time and the charges I will have to pay if any payments are late, etc. They are VERY concerned about getting their money.

When I moved to a city (less than a year later)that did not reciprocate the membership, I had to make a half a dozen phone calls to just to find out how to cancel my membership. This started in February of 2004. I received a letter dated March 10, 2004 stating that my membership had been cancelled. Period. No mention of any potential reimbursement and no phone number. What good do they think that does me? After several more calls, I finally got the number of someone who said it would take them a month to do the calculations for my reimbursement.

Either they are a financial institution that can't do math or one who wants to hold on to my money as long as possible. The contract certainly didn't mention the charges THEY would have to pay or THEIR obligations regarding reimbursement when the shoe is on the other foot. I just called again for the fourth time...it's been a month and a half now and I can't even reach a human being.

I'll NEVER use Shapes again. I thought that paying in full would spare me the customary rip off of a health club membership....apparently nothing does.

Lisa
Plant City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2004 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shapes-Total-Fitness-For-Women/Temple-Terrace-Florida/Shapes-Total-Fitness-For-Women-Shapes-ripped-me-off-too-Temple-Terrace-Florida-87615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shapes Total Fitness For Women