Complaint Review: Sharebuilder

• Submitted: Sun, June 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 28, 2009

• Reported By:Riverside California
Sharebuilder
1445 120th Ave Ne Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

Sharebuilder I.N.G. Unfair business practices, stealing stocks with fraudulent fees after purchase settled. Bellevue Washington

This company conducts unfair business practices. I purchased a very small amount of stocks on my account with Sharebuilder.com and almost a month after the purchase had been settled this company charged me an insufficient funds fee and then sold some of my stocks to cover the fee. There was no email notification and I haven't changed my email since. I had dealt with this company before when KMART crashed and they had sold my stocks and refunded my initial investment right before KMART reorganized. So I wanted to get back into purchasing stocks and I started off small. I only purchased 6 stocks. This was to test the waters a little bit. I had no idea they would steal stocks from me and try to blame it on me. I did nothing wrong and had placed a limit market order. I payed more for the trade fee than the stocks! But like I said I was testing the waters. They stole approximately 1/3 of my stocks! Over an error on their part.
I have read similar reports after the fact here on Ripoff Report and now I know that this company Sharebuilder is a scam just like I.N.G. who closed my account because I didn't continually deposit money (While they falsely advertised on T.V. "No minimums" Don't believe these companies and don't do business with them!

They are ultimately out to steal your investment money or use your money and then dump your account with no profit and if they can get away with it make you owe them money. Spend the extra money and use a more reputable company. I turned the other cheek and went back to them and this is how they re-payed me. So don't trust them. I will never do business through I.N.G. or Sharebuilder again. And I had plenty of money in the bank that I could have invested with them but I'm glad I didn't now!

Enochian
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2009 01:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharebuilder/Bellevue-Washington-98005/Sharebuilder-ING-Unfair-business-practices-stealing-stocks-with-fraudulent-fees-after-465689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharebuilder