Complaint Review: Sharene Sportswear Inc

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: Colleen A — Cheektowaga New York
Sharene Sportswear Inc
Internet USA

Sharene Sportswear Inc / Sharene Skatewear Sloppy Mistake and issued Store Credit Only.... No Refund. Sharene is never in to call back and has people cover for her. Internet / Colorado

*Author of original report: UPDATE FOR PHOTOS - LINK TO WHAT I ORDERED AND MY ORDER INSTRUCTIONS

Case Description: I ordered a dress on 2/21/14 with and paid for and UPRADE for delivery within 3-4 weeks (Total cost $502.95). I had SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on how the dress was to be beaded and noted that the dress was NEEDED for a competition on 3/21/14. I called and spoke with Elaine on 3/17/14 checking the status and was assured that it processing would be delivered on 3/19/14. I did not receive the dress and I called on 3/20/14 and was informed by Elaine that it was originally made with the wrong lining and it had to be re-made and was in beading and that it would go out overnight. I received the dress on 3/21/14 as promised, however the dress was not beaded as per my instructions. I called immediately and spoke with Elaine and told her that I would be returning the dress that day as it was made wrong and that I would require a refund as I specifically stated that I needed the CORRECT dress by 3/21/14 as ordered and would have to purchase a replacement that day. She took my new credit card information for the refund as I had lost my original card. I called the following week and was told by Elaine that they received the dress and she sent the information to accounting. Several calls and e-mails later I was informed via e-mail, by Elaine, that I was issued store credit for the dress as it falls under the "MADE TO ORDER" policy (see website). I spoke with Elaine 2 weeks ago and several times since and she keeps telling me that Sharene is not in the office and assures me that she has the infomation and will contact me. At one point I was even told by Elaine that Sharene said to just be honest and that her husband was in the hospital and that she would call me. As of today 4/30/14 I have not received a call from Sharene. I have filed a complaint with the BBB that she has 2 more days to respond to. I feel as though I am entitled to a refund as I did not receive the product I ordered. It was not that "I did not like it for any reason," as their return policy states as a reason for store credit. They rushed my dress at the last minute and made it wrong and thus sent me the WRONG PRODUCT, plain and simple. A new dress had to be purchased that day and worn for a competition. I do not need a store credit as I already purchased a dress. My daughter only needs one dress she will use for at least a year. They are holding my money hostage and itvwas their mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharene-Sportswear-Inc/internet/Sharene-Sportswear-Inc-Sharene-Skatewear-Sloppy-Mistake-and-issued-Store-Credit-Only-1143093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharene Sportswear Inc

UPDATE FOR PHOTOS - LINK TO WHAT I ORDERED AND MY ORDER INSTRUCTIONS

AUTHOR: Colleen A - ()

I ordered the dress pictured here (in blue).

They sent the right dress/style and color however my beading instructions were as follows:

"Please bead top of dress as shown in picture including bust area (top and bottom bustline) and back around opening. Please leave stones off below the bottom bust line (waist area and skirt). I am trying to have the top of the dress identical as in picture with the less stone option. Please call me with any questions"

Clearly by looking at the pictures, of what I received, the beading instructions were not followed.  Not to mention the deceptiveness in the dress pictured vs. what it really looks like.  Look at the size of the "floral applique" on the top of the dress vs. the picture on the website.

I needed the dress on the day it arrived and it was rush beaded the day before (aafter they had my order for 4 weeks).  They made the mistake.  I had to find another dress that day and did.  Therefore, I need a REFUND, not STORE CREDIT.