Complaint Review: Sharing Wisdom Foundation Publishing, Inc

• Updated: Thu, June 19, 2014

• Reported By: Philip — Del Mar California
Sharing Wisdom Foundation Publishing, Inc
5060 Shoreham Drive , Select State/Province USA

Sharing Wisdom Foundation Publishing, Inc AKA Joel Ball Joel Ball contracted me to interview subjects and write copy for a school-to-work book on the San Diego Biotech scene. I interviewed several educational leaders from local colleges and completed and submitted write-ups of those subjects. I invoiced Ball for the hourly work, and was given a preliminary check for $705. He asked for more work, which I also completed on deadline. I invoiced that work for $1,200. He accepted the work but then refused to pay, AND cancelled the $705 payment, which my bank bounced. Attempts to find Ball proved fruitless. He still published my work, without byline, or any other credit or payment. I have the contract, the returned check, the original digital and printed files of my work and the book to prove everything. He's a cheat, a liar, and a crook. Sue me for defamation Joel Ball, please. San Diego California

BEWARE: Joel Ball is a liar, a cheater and a theif utterly lacking any ethical qualities. He is not to be trusted -- by contractors or contractees. If you are a business doing business with Joel Ball, you can expect to be cheated.

I responded to a Craigslist ad in 2005 seeking freelance writing work. I met Joel Ball at an office in La Jolla where he explained the project: a school-to-work coffee table book about the San Diego Biotech scene. I agreed to write a chapter in the book on the educational opportunities in San Diego that lead to biotech employment.

We signed an contract stipulating hourly rates, deadlines, etc. I interviewed several local educational leaders, wrote the copy and delivered the work with an invoice. Joel Ball accepted the work, wrote me a check for $705, and requested more work. I completed that work on deadline a week later, delivered it, and gave him an invoice $1,200. He told me he'd send me the check.

Next thing I know my bank called to say the $705 check was cancelled. I never recieved the $1,200 check either, so I'm out $1,905 for 63.5 hours of work. Joel Ball dissappeared. I haven't beed able to find him to serve him process since. And the little cheater used all of my work in the book, without attribution or credit in any way. He stole my work and used it for his own benefit.

Do not make the mistakes I made. If you meet Joel Ball, call the police. He's up to no good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharing-Wisdom-Foundation-Publishing-Inc/Select-StateProvince/Sharing-Wisdom-Foundation-Publishing-Inc-AKA-Joel-Ball-Joel-Ball-contracted-me-to-intervi-1097637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharing Wisdom Foundation Publishing, Inc