Complaint Review: Sharon Chong, the mortgage broker

• Updated: Thu, August 22, 2013

• Reported By: Alex — San Jose California
Sharon Chong, the mortgage broker
173 Technology Drive, Irvine, CA 92618 Irvine, California USA

Sharon Chong, the mortgage broker Discover Home Loans They do not know how to do their job Irvine California

I spoke to Sharon Chong, the Discover Home Loans mortgage broker and tried to get an FHA preapproval and this is what happened:

1. It took them a week to even start reviewing the financial documents I provided. She only replied when I sent her a follow-up email.
2. She did not know the rules of the FHA program at all. In my case, it was the fact that the business income used for the loan amount calculations is the average income for the last 2 fiscal years, rather than current income.
3. After a week she replied that the loan was not preapproved by the manager because my business had started less than 2 years ago, which is incorrect. So she either messed up the information I had given her or made up this excuse.
4. After a month her colleague followed up with me. When we talked he said that Discover did not not give FHA loans to self-employed at all, as per company policy, and this was the reason why the loan probably did not get approved. What? So I wasted all this time and a credit pull for something that was never going to work? Talked to Sharon again, she said there was no such company policy.
5. At the end Sharon gave me the estimated loan amount that was about 30% of the original amount she gave me, because apparently all my non-business income would not count. Why did not she know it before?
6. Every question I asked her she answered: "I do not know, I need to ask my manager". Talking to the manager always took her forever, until I followed up.
7. When I talked to someone who claimed to be her manager Mike, he did not know why she had given me this "less than 2 years" reason.

Summary: They do not know how to do their job. Stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharon-Chong-the-mortgage-broker/Irvine-California-92618/Sharon-Chong-the-mortgage-broker-Discover-Home-Loans-They-do-not-know-how-to-do-their-jo-1078230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharon Chong, the mortgage broker