Complaint Review: Sharp Electronics

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2009

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Sharp Electronics
sharpusa.com Mahwah, New Jersey U.S.A.

Sharp Electronics Prorated Television as Customer Service Mahwah New Jersey

*Author of original report: Sharp Electronics Back on Santa's Christmas List

As a follow up to my already devastating situation, Ali Mendez emailed me back on Dec.26th 08' to say that Sharp could prorate the television for me as customer service. Though it was a step in the right direction, until I reasearched and saw that the television is selling for just a couple hundred more than prorated cost in local stores. Paying 2,800 for a 6 month old television that isn't any good now, and paying another 1,500 to have it exchanged seems like placing a band-aid over a burn to me.

Mr. Troetti or any of his immediate assistance didn't call, write, or even try to retify the situation so I guess Sharp is off my list until better management of customer service is addressed.

Phil
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharp-Electronics/Mahwah-New-Jersey-07495-1163/Sharp-Electronics-Prorated-Television-as-Customer-Service-Mahwah-New-Jersey-406271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharp Electronics

Sharp Electronics Back on Santa's Christmas List

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

After speaking to several people and leaving Mr. Troetti several messages on his answering machine during the Christmas holidays, I was finally given a lower quote than the original replacement cost. However, I guess having the company find out that I had plastered the fact of not being able to view an expensive piece of merchandise that was still costing me monthly payments, the Sharp Co., replaced the television free of charge (although it was under warranty). I guess Santa found out that someone was being naughty. I am glad to know that there are still some decent folk left in this world.