Complaint Review: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Womens and New Borns

• Updated: Sat, August 11, 2012

• Reported By: Afsoon — San Diego California United States of America
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Womens and New Borns
3003 Health Center Dr. Internet United States of America

Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Womens and New Borns Mary Birch toke most special moment of my life away from me. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank you

*Consumer Comment: malpractice

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

I want to labor Friday June 18, 2010 so I want to Sharp Mary Birch Hospital to admit myself. After I checked in I got informed I can get epidural to ease my pain. After I got the epidural I started to fell different I told the nurse I am not feeling well and I still have pain. Nurses told me it's common and will go away soon. After few hours I could not take it anymore so I told the doctors and nurses that I am in lots of pain and my body is getting very heavy. They give me button to push every hour up to 3 times to put more epidural into my body. I did that. When that started to happen my body felt more unusual and in same time labor pain it was getting more and more.

Nurses would come in and look at me in same time tell me I have to be wait. By mid day on Saturday June 19th I could not take it anymore. When doctor came in I told him my body feels weird and I can't bread right. No one could believe me by the time shift changed and new doctor came in to see me at 7:00pm I told her how much pain I was in she said let me look at it. She found out they put the epidural in wrong spot. When they were talking about it my husband recorded there voice with his phone. They moved the epidural to new spot.

At that point my body want into attack mode. So my hart beet start going up and I was in so much pain that could not breed. None of the doctors or nurses listen to me by Sunday 7:00pm on 20th my body blow up so much I gained 40 pounds of air and water. My hart beet was very high so when next shift doctor came in. He looked at me and said emergency c-section. They had to put me sleep since my body was in really bad situation. At 10pm when I had my son. They put me into Dark room because of my hart beet and blood pressure. 5 hours later they toke me to the room. I started bleeding from back where the epidural injection was and I lost lot of blood. So still 2 years later I am still anemic.

I lost the moment that I was waiting for all my life. The minute of seeing my son in his first moments. They had to give my son to my husband since I was i dark room. I was in huge amount of pain for 3 days NO one believe me and in top of it no one cared. They were so short staffed. There was one Epidural anaesthesia doctor in floor all those 3 days. He was over packed and toke few minutes in each room. Nurses were running from one room to another room. No one carried about the patient and they toke the only thing i was looking forward too away from me.

I am so scarred that I don't want to have kids anymore. My husband refuses to go to hospitals. My husband has a recording of doctors and nurses what they said and acknowledging that made a mistake and anaesthesia doctor putting the injection in wrong spot but we signed documents. When you are think you may die and don't know what to do. We were about to sign anything off to make me feel batter.  I will never forgive them for what they put me through! They made most special and memorable day of my life to Hell. I can't even talk about without crying about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 01:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharp-Mary-Birch-Hospital-for-Womens-and-New-Borns/internet/Sharp-Mary-Birch-Hospital-for-Womens-and-New-Borns-Mary-Birch-toke-most-special-moment-o-925208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Womens and New Borns

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Afsoon - (United States of America)

I have not. This was the first time I started complaining since it happen. I did not wanted to talk about it. My psychologies thought if I talk about it will make me feel better. I will for sure look into it. Thank you

malpractice

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Have you contacted a lawyer about malpractice? They generally work on contingency, which means you don't pay them unless they win. If you have a recording that will go a long way towards helping your case. They will probably settle out of court for a reasonable amount to avoid more publicity.

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Sharp HealthCare - (United States of America)

Hello,

We are very sorry to read about your experience and would like to help. Please contact us at 858-939-3388 so that one of our patient liaisons at Sharp Mary Birch can research your case.

Sharp HealthCare