Complaint Review: Sharper Impressions Painting Co.

• Submitted: Wed, October 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:osawatomie Kansas
Sharper Impressions Painting Co.
www.sharperimpressionspainting.com Internet U.S.A.

Sharper Impressions Painting Co. failed to pay agreed price when work was completed, will not return calls, have done same to others Kc. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I feel the pain of this sub as I am currently a consumer having the same problems with this company.

*Author of original report: sharper impressions ripping you off.

I own/run a small house painting company. My business was slow so I subcontracted a job for Sharper Impressions. They find the jobs and bid them, then hire painters to do them. Their take is 50% of the bid. Of the other 50% I paid for materials and labor, and the balance would be mine. Outrageous, but I needed work, so I signed their contract and took on a job.

I bought materials for the job on their accounts. The contract stated I would be using Sherwin Williams (a high quality product that I use exclusively) paint, but they said they had switched to Porter paint (an inferior product). Because of this I had to use 16 extra gallons of paint (at $23.00 a gallon), I also had to pay extra in labor because of the extra time it took to triple (!!!) coat the house, but I stuck with it and finished the job.

When I got paid, I was shorted $246.35. This was in addition the the extra I had to pay for the above mentioned paint and labor. It takes a week to get their checks, and in the meantime I had started another job for them. When I called them about the shortage, they said they would make it up at the end of the current job. They did not. And they will not return my calls.

Since then (about 2 weeks) I have spoken to one other subcontractor that was also shorted over $300.00. I have also discovered that they advertise using Manor Hall Timless Lifetime paint (a good product) and are in actuallity using lower end Manor Hall (inferior product). This is flat out false advertising.

So, to sum it up, Sharper Impressions is not only shorting their subcontractors, but misleading their customers.

Cwk painting inc.
osawatomie, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sharper-Impressions-Painting-Co/internet/Sharper-Impressions-Painting-Co-failed-to-pay-agreed-price-when-work-was-completed-will-383769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sharper Impressions Painting Co.

AUTHOR: Atlanta Ga - (U.S.A.)

This guy is probably being kind in his report. Sharper Impressions are truly unethical and misleading in their advertising and sales promises. I used them on the exterior and interior and am now even more clear as to why I had and am having so many problems since CWK's report has clarified and verified my suspicions. The more I research, the more confident I become that these guys are going to get what they deserve. What goes around comes around. CWK - if you read this, please go to every review site you can "Kudzu" etc, and tell your story - I and and have found others that have... Together we can help protect other consumers and at the same time take business away from these guys who are cheating their customers and subs.

sharper impressions ripping you off.

AUTHOR: Cwk painting inc. - (U.S.A.)

in the last 24hr. i have spoken to 10 other subcontractors who are willing and ready to tell there story about being ripped off by sharper impressions painting. and a few more that will give written statements. is anyone out there willing to help the little guy?