Complaint Review: Shaw / Tuftex

• Reported By: Angela — Spanaway Washington United States of America
Shaw / Tuftex
15305 Valley View Avenue Internet United States of America

Shaw / Tuftex Horrible Cornrowing within 2 weeks of install! No help!! Internet

I purchased nearly 190 yards of Shaw/Tuftex "Against The Wind" carpet a few months ago from a local carpet shop. I did an insane amount of research to make sure that I was buying a carpet that was durable and would hold up for a long time. This carpet is a 44.5 oz frieze with a density of 1585 and the twist is 6.09. I had it installed by a licensed installer with over 20 years of experience about six months ago with a 8lb pad. Within two weeks, I noticed rows in the high traffic areas where the carpet was beginning to fold over about every 4-5 rows of fibers.

I had corn rowing and it only took two weeks to show up! I was in shock. I did everything they told me to do. I even called Shaw prior to purchasing carpet to ask how to take care of it and did everything that they told me to do. I never used the beater bar on my vacuum and used a carpet rake but it didn't matter. I am now out a huge amount of money and I am left with carpet that looks at least 15 years old. I took immaculate care of it (no food, shoes, vacuuming every day) to no avail.

I have contacted Shaw and the company that I purchased my carpet from and I have received no help. All they had to say is that I caused the cornrowing and that it was a maintenance issue. I am appalled at this. How can it be a maintenance issue when it showed up within two weeks of install and I did everything that they state to do to maintain it!! It isbegan only in high traffic areas but is beginning to spread throughout the house and we have only been walking on it for five months. I am so upset that no one is willing to help me. We had the carpets cleaned but nothing helps. It just gets worse and worse. It looks horrible. I did not know that Shaw did not stand behind their carpet or I would never have bought Shaw.  Please don't buy Shaw carpets. You will be as disappointed as I am.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shaw-Tuftex/internet/Shaw-Tuftex-Horrible-Cornrowing-within-2-weeks-of-install-No-help-Internet-938290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shaw / Tuftex