Complaint Review: Shaw

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2003

• Reported By:Elk Grove California
Shaw
P.O. Box 40 Mail Drop 026-04 Dalton, Georgia U.S.A.

Shaw Industries Inc inferior carpet ripoff Dalton Georgia

*Author of original report: Shaw Industries makes good

I too have had a bad experience with Shaw Industries. I purchased carpet with a new home builder who aquired the carpet with shaw. My carpet was a mess after only three months. I complained to my builder who did nothing to help. I went after Shaw who treated me horrible on the phone and told me I had less of a warrenty than i was told i had upon sale of the carpet. It took a year to finally get a copy of the warranty from them.

Finally they sent out an inspector who claimed the carpet was not matted or crushed but had "cornrowing " caused by my vacumn! My vacumn has been inspected and has no problems. I wonder why the carpet looks terrible even in areas that are not vacumned with the beater bar? If my vacumn caused it, it would be in those areas as well. I even put a top of the line pad that is a one piece foam because I was told it would make my carpet wear better. What a joke! I spent 3000.00 above the standard carpet and I have to re-carpet in less than a year.

Robin
Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2003 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shaw/Dalton-Georgia/Shaw-Industries-Inc-inferior-carpet-ripoff-Dalton-Georgia-56660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shaw

Shaw Industries makes good

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

I complained back in May about my inferior carpet from Shaw industries. I am happy to say that Shaw has agreed to replace my carpet although they will not admit fault. they would not agree to pay for the installation but Allstate Contract flooring who installed my carpet agreed to do it for me at no charge.

Allstate Contract floors has been great and I am going to have better carpet installed after a lot of research. Allstate is installing a better carpet and crediting me for the old carpet. I am glad that a little persistance pays off.