Complaint Review: Shawnee Plaza Coin Laundry

• Reported By: Bob S. — Kansas City Kansas United States of America
Shawnee Plaza Coin Laundry
2821 S 47th Street Kansas City, Kansas United States of America

Shawnee Plaza Coin Laundry Shawnee Plaza Coin Laundry Kansas City, Kansas

I am CERTAIN there is a health code violation in there somewhere. My last attempt at doing laundry there was last night at around 8pm in the evening. As is usual for that location, anyone who goes after 12 noon can expect to find filthy floors and can expect to see the laundry attendant allow children and adults to sit on the folding tables which their shoes atop them, which will automatically turn you off from wanting to fold your clothes there and will tempt you into driving home with a pile of wrinkled clothing. These people care so much about the all-mighty powerful quarter in the machine that they do not tell you there is no hot water, nor that there hasn't been any in over a week. This happened to me twice. I am a working mother, my time is extremely limited, and given that service and is close to home, I made do with it, and put up with it's dirty floors and counters, and washers so clogged that they will not dispense your fabric softener into the rinse cycle. Last night was the last straw. When I notied--yet again on this occassion that there was not hot water, I very respectfully approached the attendant, who looked thru me as I were not standing there. No acknowledgment whatsoever. I proceeded to tell her that there was not hot water and may I please have a refund. She became defensive and stated she could not refund my money, and that the hot water would be fixed tomorrow. That "tomorrow" excuse was the same she gave me 8 days before. I told her I understood the hot water issue wasn't her fault, but that they shouldn't mislead clients this way because we go in with the need to wash our family's clothing in safe hot water. It was like speaking to a wall, and she kept on insisting she could not give me a refun although at that point I wasn't even asking for one. I was simply stating that there should be a sign taped to the door or walls somewhwere stating something along the lines of "...we lament to inform you..blah, blah,...this is our situation with the hot water...blah blah..." ANYTHING, but at least let us the public know that in that moment they do not have hot water and do not expect to find any in your machine. It's called common courtesy, which apparently they possess none of. On previous occasions, because they've had the lack of hot water issue before, I actually spoke to the owner. He is an arrogant argentine and I refuse to use the word "gentleman" because it doesn't apply, who give the same "hot water will be fixed tomorrow" excuse. What a deadbeat! So please beware! It's misleading because the laundromat give the appearance of convinience. It's in a great neighborhood location. But they are dirty and apparantly care not a bit about their clientele! I'm about to go make a complaint at the health board because I know that by law they are supposed to have hot water, so I'm off to their site. But please, consumers beware of this laundromat! Thank you for hearing me out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shawnee-Plaza-Coin-Laundry/Kansas-City-Kansas-66106/Shawnee-Plaza-Coin-Laundry-Shawnee-Plaza-Coin-Laundry-Kansas-City-Kansas-517502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shawnee Plaza Coin Laundry