Complaint Review: Shea Properties/Cerritos

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: alex — Cerritos California
Shea Properties/Cerritos
18944 Vickie Ave Cerritos, California USA

Shea Properties/Cerritos Cerritos Apartments Ripoff ,dishonest and don't honor their verbal agreement at all. Cerritos California

I have lived in cerritos apartments for nearly two years. I bought a house and gave a 30 days notice and left the apartment 4 days before the end of the month despite the fact that I paid for the whole month. The manager Dolores told me ahead of time that my unit was already rented for June 2nd and based on this fact I was rushed to close my escrow at least 10 days ahead of time and that was costly to expedite documents and pay extra mortgage days.  We left the apartment very clean and when I received the Statement of Security Deposit Accounts later I was charged for extra 5 days along with other charges for carpet cleaning including wear and tear and when I called her thinking she made a mistake she told me the prospective tenant did not move on the 2nd and he changed his mind and moved on the 7th. I told her I was caused too much expenses by expediting my escrow and paying for extra mortgage days and can not assume responsibility for tenant did not move in on timely manner per our verbal agreement but she was very rude and concluded by saying Payment must be made in full to avoid collection proceedings.

Shea apartments managemant should restore their reputation by discouraging their managers from committing such acts with their tenants.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shea-PropertiesCerritos/Cerritos-California-90703/Shea-PropertiesCerritos-Cerritos-Apartments-Ripoff-dishonest-and-dont-honor-their-verb-1065578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shea Properties/Cerritos