Complaint Review: Shear Image Hair and Nail Studio

• Updated: Sat, March 10, 2012

• Reported By: Cindy1947 — Manitoba United States of America
Shear Image Hair and Nail Studio
433 River Avenue, Unit 7 Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Shear Image Hair and Nail Studio Absolutely destroyed my hair and dignity. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

*UPDATE Employee: Fraud and Extortion

I am in absolute disgust and shock to what this inexperienced "hairdresser" has done to my hair. Unfortunately, my hairdresser of years moved away. I found " Shear Image" by searching online and was delighted to read that they had "friendly and highly skilled staff". Words cannot describe how tormented I am by my experience with these "hair professionals". Not only is my hair now extremely short, choppy and uneven; it has faded after a couple of washes to an awful greenk blond.

I had to give these incompetent ladies alot of cuing and direction. I had even told the young lady to stop cutting, and she exclaimed that she was almost done and that it "looked great".  Not only was I left with damanged hair, I began developing a rash on my scalp. My doctor said it was clearly a bacterial infection in which I HAVE TO BE TREATED WITH ANTIBIOTICS. I cannot express my frustration and embarrasment. [continued below]....
..... I had questioned a couple of their sanitization techniques, to find myself being mocked by these young women. I would not take my dog to such unprofessional, disrespectful establishment.It is clearly obvious that these ladies are not qualified nor follow any standards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 12:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shear-Image-Hair-and-Nail-Studio/Winnipeg-Manitoba-/Shear-Image-Hair-and-Nail-Studio-Absolutely-destroyed-my-hair-and-dignity-Winnipeg-Manit-828179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shear Image Hair and Nail Studio

Fraud and Extortion

AUTHOR: hairstalker - (Canada)

I am an employee of Shear Image Nail and Hair Studio.I would like everyone to know what is really going on with this website.They post bogus,fake and slanderous reviews and then contact the company owner and state for a small fee, they will "arbitrate",on the company's behalf to remove the negative review.
We have been in business for three years and have had an excellent reputation but soon after receiving one conveniently timed bad review,we were contacted by a company offering to remove negative reviews for a few hundred dollars.They stated that a business could be ruined by one negative review from a disgruntled employee or client.After the owner turned them down more negative reviews showed up.I hardly think this is a coincidence.
The person who supposedly placed the review is from Manitoba,United States.Obviously they don't own a map.
My boss is a small business owner,who is trying hard to be successful.Its a terrible shame that she has been targeted by such an unscrupulous extortion campaign.
If Ripoff Report doesn't post this rebuttal, I will go straight to all forms of media.