Complaint Review: Shell Gas

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: Jesse — Magna Utah
Shell Gas
8145 W 3500 S Magna, Utah USA

Shell Gas Bank of America Money Network Placed a $75.00 hold on my check card Magna Utah

*Consumer Comment: Jesse,

*Consumer Comment: Pay at the Pump

I purchased $20.00 in gas at 8 am.m so I could drive to Provo in order to have cancer surgery for my dog. I had budgeted just enough money as it was 2 days until pay day. I went to pay for the animal service at 2 p.m. and found out it was declined and they wanted to keep my dog until it was paid. I reviewed my transactions and found that Shell placed a $75.00 hold on my debit card. I was fortunate in finding help from a relative in order to get my dog out and paid my relative back for the difference that wasn't in my account when I went to pay the vet.

I called Bank of America Money Network and they would not remove the $75.00 hold, claiming it takes 3 days. I worked hard for my money, it was in my account and so I consider both companies to be shady and I hope they end up being held liable as part of a major nationwide class action lawsuit. As a result I will no longer be purchasing gas at Shell (or any other gas station using a check card) and I also canceled my Bank of America Money Network card. I'd recommend for everyone to never use either service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shell-Gas/Magna-Utah-84044/Shell-Gas-Bank-of-America-Money-Network-Placed-a-7500-hold-on-my-check-card-Magna-Utah-1085629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shell Gas

Jesse,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

It appears that the banking cartel is in control of just about everything in the USA. They control the U.S. Government, Wall Street, the Mainstream Media, much of the Legal System, and even the price of Oil. Feel free to 'Google' the folllowing videos and documentaries and watch them on the web for proof-

1) RON PAUL'S BROTHER ON FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM

6) YOUTUBE FALL OF THE REPUBLIC

7) AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

8) WHO OWNS THE FED BANK WHO CONTROLS WHO VIDEO

9) DID SPECULATION FUEL OIL PRICE SWINGS

Good luck to you, and make sure to spread your Ripoff Report all over the web at sites like Twitter and Facebook!

WELCOME TO AMERICA- THE BANKING CARTEL CONTROLS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY EXCEPT THE INTERNET, AT LEAST FOR NOW

Pay at the Pump

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

It is(and has been for many years) that when you use the Pay at the Pump feature that the Gas Station places a hold on your Card.  This amount will vary based on the Gas Station but is generally in the $50-$125 range.    Now, what is supposed to happen is that once you have finished pumping the final debit should be put through and the hold removed.  However, depending on the station and how they process their payments it could be anywhere from 1-7 days after the fact.  The reason that the bank gave you a number of 3-Days is because in general most banks will remove any holds after 3 days..but if the real debit comes in later you will still get charged the amount you purchased.

If you want to avoid this in the future, then you must go inside and purchase a specific amount of gas.  That way there is no additional hold placed on your card.

As an FYI the same thing will also generally apply at places such as Hotels, Resturants, or Car Rentals where you may be required to put down a deposit.  Oh and yes I did say resturant because if you are at a place and running something like a "tab" they may authorize a certain amount.