Complaint Review: Shell Oil Gas Station, Exit 26 Morgantown, Kentucky

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: American Taxpaying Customer — Owensboro Kentucky
Shell Oil Gas Station, Exit 26 Morgantown, Kentucky
2350 Bowling Green Rd Morgantown, Kentucky USA

Shell Oil Gas Station, Exit 26 Morgantown, Kentucky Charged Me $8.00 For One Quart of Valvoline 10W-40 Oil Morgantown Kentucky

*General Comment: As much as I don't like it either.

*Consumer Comment: Different story

*Author of original report: I Did Not Buy The Product! I Will Shop Elsewhere. Not at Shell Oil.

*Consumer Comment: Go elsewhere

A Shell Game. Shell Oil 10-W-40 One Quart cost $8.00

When I inquired why it cost double the normal price of $4 the person behind the counter became very defensive and said "Scanner say it. Scanner say it!", Pointing to the evil cash register.

Sheesh! "I guess I'm wrong and the scanner is right. That's $32 a gallon." I said. You know what?

A Barrel of oil is under $100 but for that, you only get 3 gallons at... the Shell Station at 2350 Bowling Green Rd Morgantown, KY, 42261

No stoppy here no more! No more Shell anywhere. Phooey on youie!!! In my humble opinion they are ripping customers off! I recommend you do not shop or buy from Shell Oil.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shell-Oil-Gas-Station-Exit-26-Morgantown-Kentucky/Morgantown-Kentucky-42261/Shell-Oil-Gas-Station-Exit-26-Morgantown-Kentucky-Charged-Me-800-For-One-Quart-of-Va-1059609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shell Oil Gas Station, Exit 26 Morgantown, Kentucky

#1 General Comment

As much as I don't like it either.

AUTHOR: MartyM - ()

You are paying for covienence, they can not compete with wal-mart.

Different story

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"I didn't buy it."

You wrote, "Charged Me $8.00" in the subject line of your report.

That is overpriced but it is not a rip-off because a merchant has the right to sell their merchandise at any price they choose.

I Did Not Buy The Product! I Will Shop Elsewhere. Not at Shell Oil.

AUTHOR: American Taxpaying Customer - ()

I didn't buy it. I left. I won't shop at Shell Oil now because of this. I feel it is price gouging. Next stop is Shell Oil Corporate.

Go elsewhere

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You could have bought the oil elsewhere.