Complaint Review: Shell Vacations Club

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:albuquerque New Mexico
Shell Vacations Club
www.shellvacationclub.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Shell Vacations Club ripoff, ripoff,ripoff!!! Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Check your contract.

I have been a member of Shell for about ten years. We were subjected to very high pressure sales, and promised a "free cruise" only to find out we had to buy a cruise to get the free cruise. When we could not afford their Base package, they "designed" a package that we could afford with 1250 points. This small of a package is useless, of coarse shells response to this is to buy more points so that we can "enjoy " our membership.

Today I tried to call and use my points to rent a car, (this was another advantage to Shell, if you can't vacation you can use points for airfare and car rentals) A rental car that was going to cost me 288.00 was going to require over 4 thousand points! The "maintenace Fees" on my 1250 points is over 350.00 a year.

I was young and foolish when I purchased, I do not want someone else to fall into the same trap. We knew this was forever when we signed on, we knew about the fees, but the value of our points was exagerated, and the value of the points is not worth the yearly fees involved. There is no out, you can't just give the points back and walk away, for me being an owner in Shell is a life sentence, not a vacation.

Please do not make the same mistake I did.

Ed
albuquerque, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shell-Vacations-Club/Phoenix-Arizona/Shell-Vacations-Club-ripoff-ripoffripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-452187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shell Vacations Club

Check your contract.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

"We knew this was forever when we signed on"

I don't think any valid contact can be made with a length of "forever". There also should be a way to get out of the contract. Even if it might cost you a cancellation fee (assuming you're still within the terms of the original contract), it might be worth it. To go on paying for a useless service forever, is crazy.