Complaint Review: Shell gas station

• Reported By: Alexalyn — United States of America
Shell gas station

Shell gas station DFW franchise owned by Empire Petroleum, Internet

*Consumer Comment: WOW

*Author of original report: never again, Shell

*Author of original report: yeah responsibility

*Consumer Comment: Accept responsibility

I was at a Shell gas station in DFW metroplex getting gas, because pump 1 didn't work properly, I pulled to the next available pump-pump2, without realizing the pump was still inside my car.When I went to looked for the pump, it flew away ( breakaway mechanism).

Then,  the attendant told me I broke the hose, even though she didn't bother to tell me how bad the damage was. Then I was asked to fill out an incidence form, she said I had to put my social security for insurance purpose.

Few days later, I got a call from the franchise manager saying she needed my insurance information, that was when I found it fishy. A detective called me and warned me if I don't make the payment, I will be charged of some criminal offense-reckless damage.

Then Empire Petroleum called me and quoted me a payment of $523 that must be made. Up to this point, they didn't even tell me anything about the damage repair. Since the pump didn't work in the first place, I found it fishy .

If anyone can give me some advice, if you know some police officer or an attorney that know how to approach this issue, I will really appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shell-gas-station/internet/Shell-gas-station-DFW-franchise-owned-by-Empire-Petroleum-Internet-898301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shell gas station

WOW

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Just log in and the Team is at it early and all over the place

never again, Shell

AUTHOR: Alexalyn - (United States of America)

yeah accept responsibility. I will definitely make the payment even thought the quote is a lot higher than that stated in a formal document. Shady business practice. Will never go back to ANY shell stations.

yeah responsibility

AUTHOR: Alexalyn - (United States of America)

Yeah responsibility to pay for a cheap hose that is $300 higher than the estimated price in a formal stated document. You must work for some shady gas station.

Accept responsibility

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"the pump was still inside my car"   It is unclear as to why the pump was inside your car. Are you attempting to convey that you carelessly left the fuel dispenser nozzle in your car's fuel spout?

"she didn't bother to tell me how bad the damage was"  The attendant's job does not include estimating equipment damage.

"Since the pump didn't work in the first place, I found it fishy"  The nonworking pump is not a factor. You caused additional damage to the pump by damaging the dispenser. You are liable for the damaged equipment.