Complaint Review: Shelli Van Lines

• Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: Monish — West New York New Jersey United States of America
Shelli Van Lines
12-18 River Rd # 1 Internet United States of America

Shelli Van Lines I was quoted on $75/hour for moving from White Plains, NY to West New York, NJ. After packing all my stuff from white plains and arriving at the west New York location. The mover was holding my stuff, Internet

I was quoted on $75/hour for moving from White Plains, NY to West New York, NJ. After packing all my stuff from white plains and arriving at the west New York location. The mover was holding my stuff hostage and threatening me until I paid a billed amount. We used the company for 5 hours but they ended up billing us for 11 hours. On top of that, they charged us extra for using the elevators and long carry items (15 feet high or more) items.

I have nothing in my house that is 15 ft or even higher. I ended up paying $2,200.00 when I should have only paid about $600.00 based on the agreement and the quote offered. The trucker was rude, yelling, threatening me to pay the money or her would not give my stuff back to me ever. I felt vulnerable since my stuff was being held hostage. I was asked to pay $400 if the stuff was taken to their warehouse for release. I had to give in after a while since I got no help after calling Shelli Van Lines customer service and talking to the manager. I was asked to pay up front cash or money order.

Desired Outcome/Settlement

Desired Settlement: Billing AdjustmentI need a billing adjustment. I cannot accept being conned. I went ahead and looked up the company on a lot of websites. I have called a few people who have the same complaints and I want to form a case against these guys. This company is a SCAM. We need to do something about this and stop them from harassing people when they are vulnerable. I want to pay for the services I was given and not for something I did not get. I agree on paying for their services but not for the services I never got. This needs to be resolved today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shelli-Van-Lines/internet/Shelli-Van-Lines-I-was-quoted-on-75hour-for-moving-from-White-Plains-NY-to-West-New-Yo-918461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shelli Van Lines