Complaint Review: Shelter Hotels Los Angeles

• Updated: Thu, May 06, 2010

• Reported By: Jac — San Diego California United States of America
Shelter Hotels Los Angeles
457 S. Mariposa, Los Angeles California Internet United States of America

Shelter Hotels Los Angeles They denied our reservation through Orbitz, made us pay again and then CALLED THE POLICE ON US Internet

*UPDATE Employee: RE:Orbitz

We were shopping online for a hotel in LA that allows pets.  We were going for a last minute trip to see family and we take our doggies everywhere with us.  They are very well behaved (but that didnt even come into play).  We booked with The Shelter on Orbitz and I printed out the reciept

So we check in to the reception (which is a card table in an empty dusty room on the second floor) and the jive talkin receptionist has "no proof of our reservation" I showed him my confirmation from Orbitz with the Confirmation No. on it.   He then tells me to cancel the reservation with Orbitz and pay him directly!!  After listening to his steady stream of crap flowing I finally agreed to do it.  We chose this place because according to Orbitz they were pet friendly and allowed dogs.  We settled into our room..unpacked and hung our clothes up.  I recieved a phone call-it was Rick (the jivey receptionist) and he needed me "to come down and pay an extra $60 for the dogs".  I was caught off-guard.  I explained that Orbitz said that the place was pet friendly and so that is why I came there.  Rick then told me that if the dog was over 20 pounds it was $60 per dog.  I told him he was crazy to which he countered " then give me $50 man".  I told him I had to go and that I was running late because he couldn't find my reservation.
I am getting out of the shower when I hear a loud pounding on our door. "LAPD You need to open this door right away and restrain your dogs NOW"
My girlfriend went outside and dealt with the cops...THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU PLAN ON HAVING TO DEAL WITH WHEN YOU SHELL OUT NEARLY A HUNDRED BUCKS TO STAY AT A HOTEL!   I mean this is Jerry Springer crap.  They had us over the barrell so we had to pay the money.  Orbitz is going to reimburse us plus give us a certificate and I believe they are going to drop The Shelter Hotel from their list.  These people are truly the scum of the earth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shelter-Hotels-Los-Angeles/internet/Shelter-Hotels-Los-Angeles-They-denied-our-reservation-through-Orbitz-made-us-pay-again-599774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shelter Hotels Los Angeles

RE:Orbitz

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I am contacting you from Orbitz Customer Relations.  If you could e-mail me your Orbitz record locator to customerrelations@Orbitz.com, I will be glad to review your reservation.  Please place the e-mail to my attention, and please include your blog and screen name.

Thanks,