• Report: #931946

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 24, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Shendell & Associates/ Palmetto Pines HOA
3650 North Federal Highway - Suite 202 Lighthouse Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Shendell & Associates/ Palmetto Pines HOA Practices unlawful debt collection Boca Raton, Florida

Palmetto Pines with attorney Lawrence A Shendell acting as their registered agent and debt collector is unlawfully collecting past due association fees. I recently purchase a home in Palmetto Pines in Boca Raton. I was made aware that their was a HOA but was not given any contact info for them. After attempting to research Palmetto Pines HOA I found that their is no address or contact phone numbers listed any where online. Not once did they contact me until my HOA dues were 51 days past due. The first letter I received was a collection notice from the attorneys office SHENDELL & ASSOCIATES, P.A. which informed me that I owed the $75 due, plus an additional $25 late fee, a $35 processing fee and $175 attorney fee. Not once prior to this letter was I contacted about the debt.

Upon doing research on SHENDELL & ASSOCIATES, P.A. I found that they had previously settled a law suit filed against them for violating the unfair debt collection act. I also learned that the practicing attorney Lawrence Shendell is also the acting registered agent for the association, yet his office refuses to provide me with any contact information for the HOA. So after hours on the phone and countless letters to the attorney I have not been able to get anything resolved. I also have found that it is common practice for this attorney and HOA to start the foreclosure process if a home owner falls one month behind on their dues totaling $75, which is morally questionable at best. Don't fall victim to scumbag attorneys like Lawrence Shendell! If you are having issues with the Palmetto Pines HOA or the office of SHENDELL & ASSOCIATES, P.A. seek legal counsel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shendell-Associates-Palmetto-Pines-HOA/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Shendell-Associates-Palmetto-Pines-HOA-Practices-unlawful-debt-collection-Boca-Raton-931946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shendell & Associates/ Palmetto Pines HOA

companys